EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Cisz

Ideas for a new aoe slow tower

Guest Sancdar

Idea 3 was just a generic AoE slow, though. That's how Ice worked, for example.

Guest mrchak

Another idea: what if something sticky is shot on a single unit, like a web or something; this causes the target to move slowly and any unit that gets within x distance becomes affected by the slow as well (they get stuck to it). The web could wear off after like 2 or 3 seconds.

Guest Issunboshi

How about a tower that confuses creeps by making them walk a random direction. I'm thinking that the ones that end up walking backwards screw up the pathing of the creeps behind them and thus slowing them up

I think all of the ideas are pretty cool. I'd be happy with any of the slowing ideas that end up making the cut

Another idea: what if something sticky is shot on a single unit, like a web or something; this causes the target to move slowly and any unit that gets within x distance becomes affected by the slow as well (they get stuck to it). The web could wear off after like 2 or 3 seconds.
it'd be cool if they all get stuck together and become a caterpillar

Guest Sancdar
How about a tower that confuses creeps by making them walk a random direction. I'm thinking that the ones that end up walking backwards screw up the pathing of the creeps behind them and thus slowing them up

It's called a Lunar Tower. It's awesome.

I wote for the Oil Tower.

Burning oil attack is maybe great for this idea, but i don't know if it can stack without using any triggers.

I ain't home right now so i can't check.

And you can add/delete a damage per second also, ´to add a more "Buring" Oil effect.

Dont really know how good this idea is since there already are similar towers(steam) that dont really work that good but i feel that a rot tower would be nice, by rot i mean disease cloud, if glacier is removed giving the cloud some slow would probably be pretty nice, would be like a morph between steam and nova, more or less, probably with darkness damage, and since theres a really big shortage of darkness splash towers a aoe/dot darkness with slow would be a good way to make the element a bit more sufficient.

Guest Issunboshi

It's called a Lunar Tower. It's awesome.

Oh Lunar towers do that? :oops:

Rot does sound like an armour reducer, so I'd prefer oil or roots or hooks.

Hm.

You mean some sort of "I sit around and slow with an aura" tower? Sounds very different to the existing slowers, so diversity is achieved. And it's easy to make, and doesn't look like it's going to have many weird, hard to predict side effects.

All of a sudden I'm a fan. :D Go rot go!

Guest mrchak

yea, aura of slow around a tower sounds good.

No, everywhere in a circular area, like nova, but not with a bash, but constantly.

Sign in to follow this