EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Timberwolf

[On-Going] Undead backtracking

Guest Timberwolf

It's definitely still happening so whatever fixes have been made on it don't seem to be working. It's weird because I don't ever remember this being a problem in any other version until the new betas, so what changed?

What are those undead problems....? I wanna see it also...

You have the replay..? I wanna see it...

Guest Timberwolf

Mass poison towers combined with something like Nova seem to consistantly cause a lot of problems with this for me.

problem still exists, unfortunately. Just experienced it with the water revenant guys.

I also had a Hydra (non-undead) get stuck, but I'm not sure if this is the same issue or not.

with the undead bug (water revnants) I was using a lot of muck towers, as well as polar/roots for support.

After a big couple of games I experienced the undead bug (version beta 14b) first now.

It is really serious, they explicitly walk backwards. I thought that is just a positioning problem...

It starts to happen after level 45 or so.

After a while I had lots of towers, as I got all 6 elements so I needed to mass.

Replay_2008_09_24_2030.w3g

Afaik there is no consensus yet. My guess is, that it happens when the cpu has to much to do. I also experienced units walking backward in old versions of the map (not sure which, maybe betas of the 3.0 series) without any reviving.

but since it did not happen in 4.0PB (as far as I've seen), it must have been some difference...so all you have to do (theoretically) is find that and remedy it...

...easier said than done.

Indeed I know what changed caused this bug. Unfortunately though, I made this change in an effort to eliminate the horrible lag some experienced with Undead. The new process is much more optimized and so I am hoping it prevents this lag (and thus makes the map playable for more people).

I did make a few optimizations in 15b, I wonder if they by chance fixed this bug. I may also try a few things, and worse comes to worse use a workaround like checking order upon being attacked.

I should also note that a lot of code optimizations have been done actually, and I expect it will be a significant factor in 4.0 surpassing PB. Personally I've noticed an improvement in performance and I anticipate those who chose not to play PB because of performance issues will now come aboard.

-100% success against undead backtracking bug and any other movement disruption bugs

-Undead trigger further optimized by this success

really?

played some games with sancdar and had backtracking undead units... happened multiple times throughout all the games..

replay at 5:00 watch sancdar's right of III...

eletd_beta_238_pri_30.w3g

-100% success against undead backtracking bug and any other movement disruption bugs

-Undead trigger further optimized by this success

really?

played some games with sancdar and had backtracking undead units... happened multiple times throughout all the games..

replay at 5:00 watch sancdar's right of III...

Yes, the latter thing is what made the first thing broken :P.

Easy fix coming tonight...

yap and after like 8 minutes in cisz tower test replay, he mistakely summons lvl 21 one time, and when they reincarnate around area 3, or, not sure if it's exactly when they revive, anyway they head towards the very corner of the maze.

Guest Timberwolf

Yeah version 17b has the worst undead backtracking of any beta yet. By far. It used to only pop up in the later waves, now it's near constant.

No bug for now... I hope there won't be undead bug anymore.. I'm really waiting for the 4.0 OV

Sign in to follow this