EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest LoTuS.

Can u(pro guys) give me some tips...

Guest LoTuS.

hy, im a begginer in etd and i have played a couple games in very easy (¬¬).. but watching a jolein's replay ... i didin't understood cus he dont get combined towers ... actually he builds and sells his towers and i dont know how it works. Another doubt is how works "interestin stuff" ...

thx a lot ....

Inerst: Every 15 sec. you get 2% (more if you buy that 'treasure box') of your unspent money. Thats a nice bonus.

Jolin sells his towers to have lots of money if the inerst counter is at 0. (more money == more bonus). But you mustn't sell elemental towers (except in random)! Because you don't get 100% money back. If you sell Arrows or Canons you get 100% money back. Thats why Jolin tries to play as long as possible with them. Later he builds combinations.

But if you pick a good build you needn't abuse the inersts. Easy builds are 6 ele and most of the the 5 eles are easy too.

PS.: Attach a replay :)

Building and selling is called interest farming. Every 15sec, you get 2% (or more if you spent your lumber on increasing interest rate) extra gold added to whatever unspent gold you have. The timer is in the board. When the timer is close to 0, the player sells all the towers and rebuilds immediately after the extra gold (interest) is added. This is done in the early game as well as in random mode (where all towers sell for 100% as opposed to pick where elemental towers sell for 75%). You'll have extra gold as a result. As such, elemental towers are built much later in the game.

Playing the game is about having a mix of towers. In 4.0pb, you'll need a combination of slow, armour reduction, tower amplification and damage towers. click the link in my signature for a guide on build design (scroll down to the build design guide).

They are both right. Arrows/cannons/elementaly infused arrows and cannons, all sell at 100% always. As for random mode, same thing can be done with elemental towers as well.

In pick mode I sell the tower when the interest timer shows 1 and build them again once timer passed 0. But, unless you play VeryHard and don't wish to leak late-game that should not be needed. Interest doesn't only mean sell/rebuild. It also means that in later game when you use combined towers, should not overbuild (that means not build more than necessary, because for the gold that you keep unspent you will get more money aka interest.

Anything more you'd like to know? keep asking :) such as how to beat VE(VeryEasy) and move further to normal? Perhaps you have a replay and want some tips of how to improve?

Hope you got the answers you wanted :)

Guest LoTuS.

oh, thanks for the answers ... it was very cool..

there're some doubts like:

can i really WIN ronalds or they will improve their power untill my death?

wtf is "net worth" ? How it works ....

guys, thanks a lot for explanaitions

ill see the guide

Guest LoTuS.

Hole, ur guide says about replay analisys.. but where is the replay ?

Ronald grows in hp until you die. He is like a "power test" or "damage test" that is also used to select a winner if several players survive the 60 levels. if you can make it to ronald often you should try a harder difficulty or try random mode (type -random before wave 5 starts).

I will take a look at your replay tomorrow :) A bit tired now.

my guide is a big work-in-progress.. much of it is incomplete.. at the moment only the build design guide is somewhat complete for 4.0pb. it's a long term project for the official 4.0 release.. i stopped the replay analysis as a good number of the towers are being changed/remade/rebalaced.

about networth:

It's the total 'value' of your towers. The gold you would get back if you sold all your towers in play and any unspent gold. Only (elemental) arrows and cannons sell for 100%. Elemental towers sell for 75% if you're on pick. In random mode, all towers sell for 100%.

However, it's not really a good measure of anything. In VE, less towers are needed and thus higher networths are possible compared to VH. Networth also depends on interest farming skills. Whether the player picks extra investements and actively sells and rebuilds towers on the interests.

You can find things like "interest" in this faq.

Now for your replay.

I don't understand the chat, but I guess you should learn to properly name the game when you host. People that enter a game called "Eletd" can expect to play on normal or mixed diff. If you will force ve, name your game "Eletd VE". ;) And "yo mama so noob" discussions are unfriendly and you should not take part in that, especially if you play on ve. :P

I agree with Mayr, blacksmith is a great boost to your towers. (One blacksmith for every 4 damage towers.)

And I think you shouldn't play on ve, imo you are too good for that. Try your build on normal and maybe you find a way to not leak nature waves. If you fail on normal, post your replay and I am sure we can help you.

In fact, post a replay anyway, I'd like to see that build win on normal. :)

As for the replay, nice replay, you own the game.. On very easy difficuty. no leak, you should really try normal difficulty with that build, or move to random mode but that's a different thing totally.

As for the build, it is good, and you play it well. But, once you have those 4 mortar towers and 3 voodoos you should before building more mortars, build a blacksmith tower next to the mortartowers, blacksmith tower increases damage of towers, and build 3 roots towers, one next to each voodoo.

Blacksmith: Fire+Earth

Roots: Darkness+Nature+Earth

Adding those towers will help you defeat normal difficulty, perhaps even hard mode one day.

Guest LoTuS.

yah, i was just thinkin about this support towers.. the little sense of supportXdamage comes from Dota, PG etc.. but not knowing well each kind of tower and his effects some strat becomes hard to discovery... xD

something about 3-4 days ago i really took a look on URLs on loading's page .. so my stay at forum is very early.. : )

so ill try normal mode(still pick mode course xD)... and a funny case (i've tryed random normal... making "that" interest farming[hole's explanation] .. build/sell/build stuff) ... it was very very funny if u can imagine that i dont have any skill with "fastclickwork"... ahuhUAHuhuahuHAU... really ugry trash game ahuhuHSUHuHSU... i guess im not ready yet to random games ...

Guest LoTuS.

and THANKS for patience and friendly help ... but it's not the end xD

think ill keep asking a bit more...

and for who that havent understand my chat game, im brazilian ... so i use to write in portuguese ... (now u know why my english is not thar must.. ahuhuuHAUHuHUAhu)

thanks for support guys ...

Guest LoTuS.

So, doesn't work my "Gun focus" in normal(pick) game... i've also made blacksmith and moon well to improve then ... no way ..

PS: i wrote some comments inside game ... things i was wondering about this strat.. but i lose ..

: )

Owned by... NM.w3g

You are doing pretty well, again. :)

Maybe this will help you:

It's better to upgrade than to mass. When you go gunpowder as your main tower, I think you should upgrade them to vulcans. Why didn't you summon earth 3 and maxed them out?

(This has to do with damage/gold/second ratings. If you buy gunpowder towers, you get 1.5 ppoints of damage every second for each gold. But if you buy vulcan towers, gunpowder lv.3, you get 3.4 dmg/gold/sec. So you get more than twice the damage for the same price)

You seem to have problems with the nature waves, as I predicted. That is only normal, as you main source of damage is earth (gunpowder does earth damage). You damage towers do only 50% vs nature. You build some fire towers late into the game, but I think that if you would have used some fire damage earlier, you wouldn't have leaked at all early on, and I guess you would have survived the wave that killed you.

But you should keep in mind that not all towers do good damage. Disease towers do almost no damage (they are broken), and voodoo has fire damege, but far to little (2 dmg/$/s, but only vs. a single target, while even gunpowder does 1.5 with splash). Flamethrower (dfe) is meant to be a damage tower, but in the 4.0pb it's weak. Imo fire towers, as you used them lategame, will be your best option, but you have to level up fire for that and I suggest you use them earlier.

As I see it, your problem is this: You need 9 of your 11 lumber to max out earth, dark and fire. With only 2 lumbers left, you can't also max corrosion + muck and voodoo + roots. You can have all 4 support triples on level one (with nature 1 and water 1 as your 2 more picks) or one pair of them maxed (either corrosion/muck with water 2 or roots/voodoo with nature 2).

Once you find a way to include a bit of fire into your build (1 fire dmg tower for every 3-4 earth dmg towers), and upgrade properly, you should be able to get to ronald on normal.

Please post a replay again. If you're still having problems, we will take a look at your tower placement, to get them a bit more efficient. ;)

Guest LoTuS.

ok, it's becoming like a challenge xD

ill try again using ur tips as a additional source.. beggin with fire sounds good. ill keep less focus (no more "one element focus") cuz it has brough(bring in past tense ???) a big weak to my build..

next replay coming soon ...

thx/bye

It's a common view on elements, that they make you strong against something. But the waves you can kill easily won't kill you, it's the other way around. You need to find out what you are weak against.

The more you understand what can go wrong with your build, the better you will become in making it creep-proof. :)

Hm. You fail at properly naming your mapfile. Check out the rules here.

Edit - and after trying to rename my map for like 7 times I am pretty sure that it's not even the right map version. As long as you can't tell me wich map I have to rename to "Cia de Element_TD 4.0_Public_Beta.w3x", I won't watch it.

Guest LoTuS.

actually i've cuted and pasted 4.0 map cuz i got a replay from here showing same problem ... pub eletd_4.0_beta or somethink like that

Please help us in making the world a cleaner place by deleted any versions that are not properly named. :)

Sign in to follow this