EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vigi-

[Beta 13] Undead Respawn Pathing Bug + Quark Bug

Guest Vigi-

Massing quarks still create big clumping/stunning of units.

Level 41 specifically for the undead respawn bug. Units begin running backwards and some even just turn in circles.

LastReplay.w3g

Can you replicate this with mass laser towers(-gold,-lumber) instead of quark? I'm curious to see whether it is the high attack speed + damage detection, or the ability of quark that is the main culprit.

Guest Vigi-
Can you replicate this with mass laser towers(-gold,-lumber) instead of quark? I'm curious to see whether it is the high attack speed + damage detection, or the ability of quark that is the main culprit.

I'll give it a whirl tonight.

I think any tower with a relatively high attack speed when produced at mass will cause this. Spring forward doesn't help either.

We'll see.

Guest Vigi-

Here it is. Took me a few minutes to figure out -level but -wood doesn't seem to work?

Anyhow, massing lasers stuns.

LastReplay.w3g

I don't think it's the speed just tat is problem. quark is now 0,31 and stuns. flamethrower is 0,15 and water/fire should even be faster than quark and are more often massed more.

I don't think it's the speed just tat is problem. quark is now 0,31 and stuns. flamethrower is 0,15 and water/fire should even be faster than quark and are more often massed more.

That is correct, it is the speed combined with the use of damage detection system. The specific towers in question, Quark/Laser/Tidal/Zealot all use the system compared to a tower like Flamethrower which doesn't.

The damage system is optimized, but think of how ridiculous the performance strain is of having 20 towers attack at 0.31 speed and each one requiring code processing.

Unfortunately the only solution is to reduce their speed. With 20 out, the specific towers mentioned above cause heavy stuttering of creeps. At 0.66 speed(Impulse), no such effect occurs.

It goes beyond the stuttering of creeps though perhaps. The stutter is caused by performance lag, i.e. too much code processing going on. It isn't far fetched to think that perhaps these towers are the culprit of rare and random bugs, such as undead walking backwards etc.

In B14b, both playing solo or LAN, I did NOT -h-a-v-e- notice this problem.

What I had is, that some units reappeared for a very short period of time, then disappeared (I was the host).

I have a quite high pc with 4GB RAM.

So I vote for this being a performance issue of CPU / lag. Or dependent on luck! :)

Sign in to follow this