EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

User Interface Skin

Which do you prefer?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Current:

Alternative:

Custom:

For those left wondering, the custom one does add to the size of the map. Without a custom UI 4.0 will be ~1MB and with it would end up being ~1.5MB. Ultimately we must decide whether it adds enough to the experience to justify the space.

Thoughts?

Custom looks nice but 1 MB! :shock: AFAIK there is a size limit in the bnet, very big maps can't downloaded any more (I don't know the value).

Idea:

Let the player pick a race in the 'start menu' (screen with the playerlist and chat), if he picks UD he will get the UD style...

Custom looks nice but 1 MB! :shock: AFAIK there is a size limit in the bnet, very big maps can't downloaded any more (I don't know the value).

Allow me to clarify...

The map will be ~1 MB for 4.0 because of the return of the custom loadscreen. The custom UI adds about 500 KB putting 4.0 at ~1.5 MB if we include it.

For reference DotA is ~3 MB and the limit is 4 MB.

How did you found this custom UI?

I have been trying to find it but I only found a new Mpq file with an inbuilt custom UI.

Tumbs upp for it.

I haven't woted yet wil take some time to finnish the thinking.

There is some places that needs to be blackened. Like the areas where the spells is, and were the life and mana is.

Guest AlienFromBeyond

Personally not a fan of that custom at all. Why not let people select their race to choose which interface they want?

if it's possible i wouldn't mind if it'd be possible to change interface from custom by -interface "alternative" or so, but to insert more than one custom would take way too much size to be worth.

I don't like the custum one. It should at least have an elemental theme to be worth the size, and it should be of higher quality imo, else it will look really bad after the loadscreen. ;)

Karawasa and I chatted around a bit, and I decided my mind, I will vote for the night elf one.

The custom takes upp to much space and the most cool effect isn't even used in Ele TD :P

And it would not fit with the landscape either, it looks almost like a forest without trees (exept yellow....)

But it would be cool to only change the night elf cursor.

Personally not a fan of that custom at all. Why not let people select their race to choose which interface they want?

I guess thats the best solution.

Guest Vigi-

I guess thats the best solution.

Don't agree. If we have 3 UI's it will increase the mapsize even more, which we are trying to avoid due to the notion of how long a map takes to download affecting how fast the map gets spread.

Custom is cool, but if someone really wants it there are other ways to edit WC3 to achieve that effect. I've seen them/used them.

Keep it at the norm.

@Vigi-

I think you missed the point here. Tft allready has 4 interfaces, and by letting the players choose a race, they can choose the skin. These 4 skins are for free, they are part of tft.

Guest Vigi-
@Vigi-

I think you missed the point here. Tft allready has 4 interfaces, and by letting the players choose a race, they can choose the skin. These 4 skins are for free, they are part of tft.

I guess I read it as him saying to let them pick the interface of their choice the from choices posted by kara (the only one that is default is the ne one?).

Aren't the other two customs? Or is the stone looking one human?

I see now that he was talking about UI directly related to the race he picked. :/

Picking the UI via race would be interesting and give more selection to the players as per their preferences.

I think this vote should be restarted and added to it the poll, player picks (race related UI)

hm, shouldn't it be more of a command than one moer non-understandable box for the beginners who want to start the game?

The problem with race selection is that it will be lost on 99% of players. They will go with whatever the default selection is. Unfortunately it cannot be changed from within the game.

yeah, I was thinking that ther isn't really a way to express the info "you can change your interface in the game lobby" ingame. so - i came up with what i think migh t be the only way. Change the current lobby into a new one.

Current:

into this:

temporary2.png

temporary1.png

I think that is completely uncalled-for, since 99% of players don't care which interface they use. You don't have to mention up front that the interface can be changed, because it's hardly worth mentioning.

I think that is completely uncalled-for, since 99% of players don't care which interface they use. You don't have to mention up front that the interface can be changed, because it's hardly worth mentioning.

Which is why I have decided for them.

Sign in to follow this