EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Neverdweller

Light towers

NoNo.

I said Aren't and that means not unfair.

Light does not have higher dps then darkness.

Darkness got its range shortened and higher dps.

Guest Jacob
light and darkness are equal in damage/second. Darkness has double damage but light has double speed, like Cisz sais. and the misses of light makes up for the overkill of darkness. although light can be easier avoided by micro perhaps, but that doesn't really matter enough to actually make a noticable differance. What Does make a differance is that high damage things with low damage get their damage concentrate so badly that they have hard to spread it. but I guess that will change now that prices are lower-> more towers.

Yea but atk-speed > damage imo, just like well tower is sort of better then forge tower, because of your chance of overkilling, just like agillity and strength in hero games...

Guest DevouringOne

If there is anyone that thinks that light tower is weaker or powerful than darkness:

Try a game building only light towers and another game with building darkness towers.

You will see that they are equal but your death will depend if you are on light you will be

killed when more powerful earth level comes if you are on darkness you will die from more powerful light level.

And in the ongoing version darkness is hard to be placed proeperty(1100 range) but there

are more places with 100% effectivity. The long ranged light can only be builded in the

middle of the map if we want 100% effectivity.

The overkill thing is not always true.

Playing some battleships in my days, early slow attacks might prove to be better, since with very fast it tends to waste alot of attacks on dead enemys.

Also I would rather have a tower with 400 damage slow attack speed vs a 370 hp creep, then a 300 damage faster tower.

Guest Silfarion

for me myself, i actually think light is not strong enough, because when it fight earth, it will be busted but when dark fight light, it still deal huge damage (according to when i played, which is).

Ofc... Light deal 50% against earth, and deal 200% damage against darkness.... Learn about the elemental damage..

Guest DevouringOne

Every element has it's own weaknesses and powers against other elements!

Light deals 200%dmg to Darkness deals 50%dmg to Light

Darkness deals 200%dmg to Water deals 50%dmg to Darkness

Water deals 200%dmg to Fire deals 50%dmg to Water

Fire deals 200%dmg to Nature deals 50%dmg to Fire

Nature deals 200%dmg to Earth deals 50%dmg to Nature

Earth deals 200%dmg to Light deals 50%dmg to Earth

You have to know this by heart.

*dmg = damage

Dev - You should remember that this forum has a black background for many users. ;)

meh, can be read anyway, although it\s hard to see, but most can guess what there should be behind the darkness text aswell as many with the regular board could read a white text

Hehe, I read it wrong first time.

It looked like this at first:

Water deals 200% to fire, and 50% to water. :oops:

But I saw I just misread it.

Guest Silfarion
Ofc... Light deal 50% against earth, and deal 200% damage against darkness.... Learn about the elemental damage..

but darkness has the strongest damage of all elements, so it still deals decent damage :|

true, but that's against a single creep. It's weak overall against light waves and it is always much better to build another element. in random, this is why players repeatedly sell and rebuild towers to match the elements to deal 200% damage to the wave if possible.

anyway, to play well, it is VERY important to know the elemental damage system well.. knowing how to cover the weakness of the build. it is never a good idea to rely on one damage source (massing a single tower).. often, this results in mass leaks of the weak wave..

Guest DevouringOne
Dev - You should remember that this forum has a black background for many users. ;)

If you can't read it you can highlight it :) it would become visible like writining with lemon juice on paper...

Guest Void

The damage and speed are balanced so it does about the same amount of damage per second as darkness. I don't see a problem here... :/

Sign in to follow this