EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shadow_Fang

Shadow_Fang REPLAYS

Ah, very nice. Let's see what we have here. :)

About the first replay (ELE TD---VH-TR-CM-EM.w3g):

I think you suffer from placement problems here. The towers closest to the entrance/exit don't have the time to fire properly on the second pass. Move your towers over to 8, 9 or 6, and see what happens.

And yes, those trees are dangerous. :)

About the second replay (ELE TD---normal-normal-tourny rndm-norm.w3g):

Maybe you shouldn't place short rage towers on long pass (7, 5, 1), build them at two-pass instead (9, 6, 3). Long range towers (dark for example) do better at 5, right in the middle. And disease is broken, don't use it. :) Oh, and well gives +25% to 4 towers for the cost of 500. So you need to boost 4 towers with a combined cost of 2000 to get that money to work. If you just boost 2 amped single element towers with it (225 gold each; so you gain 2 x 25% of 225 = 112.5 for the cost of 500), it's better to build amped towers only for the same money (for 500 you get two more amped dark, and not just 1/2).

About the third replay (ELE TD---hard-short-all pick-normal-nor.w3g):

Winning the map is much about damage/gold/second. The more a tower costs, the more you get for your gold. (For example: Amped nature has 3.37 dmg/gold/sec, and focused nature allready does 3.73 dmg/gold/sec.) So upgrading is better than massing. My tip here is: build less, but more expensive. Maybe try to build support triples early on. Corrosion, nova, muck, roots, all those do decent damage, help your other towers a lot, and stay usefull till the end.

Healers are dangerous if you don't kill them fast, so try to place your short range towers at 3 or even 4. It's not that you suck, they own. ;)

About the fourth replay (ELE TD---all normal-all pick.w3g):

Aha, you start to sell and rebuild there, very good. Someone asked me: "When should I sell towers for interest?", and i replied "When you are bored and need something to do." :lol: And leaking for money does wonders.

By the way, blablabla towers on two pass (9, 6, 3). :) Oh, and it's probably better to upgrade the life towers first. I am to lazy to do the math right now, but you get more bang for your buck that way afaik. On wave 39 ("poison did help") your life towers did 200% damage. As i see it, poison didn't help. And it doesn't belong on long pass. :) Same goes for 43 (dune worms, earth healing); 200% dmg again.

And evil childs = healing = realy hard.

Did any of this make sense to you? Do you have questions? More replays? And why don't you build on two pass? :P

@WordsWorth - I see this as a request for help, and the strategy section ain't bad for that. But I can move it ofc.

I have good and bad news for you:

You finished the map, congratulatons.

..but..

You played on very easy and you stalled for money. (Leaking for money could be considered cheesy or even cheating.. ;) )

You won a victory today, but there is a new goal now:

Win the map without lifetower/leak abuse.

Guest Shadow_Fang

I admit that the gold thing was a bit of a cheap shot, but i did way better this time, even if it is still on easy i stilldid better. Every big show has to start small, and i do very easy and easy to get the hang of it, then I plan on skipping normal, and go to hard. After that should be chaos mode. but this is what i got for now

ELE TD---VE-no gold tactic-196 ronalds.w3g

I think it's much better to post in the same thread each time, and not open a new topic for every replay. So please post here now. :)

Edit - And now I watched it.

See, it works. :)

Please build more slowing towers and plz start to build towers on two pass (3, 4, 6, 9) and not on long pass (7, 5, 1). I assume that if you don't do either of those, normal will prove near impossible for you.

Sign in to follow this