EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
holepercent

The holepercent's (beta) build project

Just wanted to drop in and say that I've taken note of your tower analysis in previous beta versions.

I'd say I look forward to an updated one for 15b, but it seems we are doing this on IRC.

I'd say I look forward to an updated one for 15b, but it seems we are doing this on IRC.

my latest tower list will be out when i finsh the last 3 4-ele builds.. the build project is not complete yet..

Now with all 15 4-ele builds solved in some way, what's next?

replay some of the leaky builds?

complete the 5- and 6-element builds?

play builds based around a certain tower?

investigate the slow/st issue?

Post what you think needs more testing..

I would say build balance is an important thing, but right now, we should focus on, among other, slow/st issue, tower balance, arising bugs, a few otehr things and upcoming stuff.

I would say build balance is an important thing, but right now, we should focus on, among other, slow/st issue, tower balance, arising bugs, a few otehr things and upcoming stuff.

Build balance is important enough that we need to make sure it is covered. However, it is also an extensive thing to test and thus would detract from other things if we wanted everyone to pursue it.

That being said, I am glad holepercent is doing this. He will be in the unique position of having the best idea of macro balance, and that will be an invaluable contribution towards releasing 4.0.

Of course, I wouldn't want others to pursue macro balance at this point in the game. We are quite close to releasing 4.0, so as jolin012 pointed out we should focus on tower balance, bugs, and a few other things.

Mirco balance summary

1:

Darkness

Earth

Fire

Light

Nature

Water

2(support):

Blacksmith

Trickery

Well

2(damage):

Disease

Electricity

Flame

Gunpowder

Hydro

Ice

Kindle

Life

Magic

Mushroom

Poison

Quark

3(support):

Corrosion

Enchantment

Muck

Nova

Polar

Roots

Voodoo

Windstorm

3(damage):

Drowning

Flamethrower

Flesh Golem

Gold

Hail

Impulse

Laser

Oblivion

Quaker

Radius

Tidal

Zealot

6(damage):

Periodic

(placeholder for now)

Preliminary Macro summary

Roots:

DNEF

DNEL

Muck:

DWEF

DWEL

Nova:

LFNE

LFND

Windstorm:

LWFE

LWFD

Roots and muck:

DNEW

LDWNE

DWFNE

Nova and windstorm:

LFNW

LDWFN

LWFNE

Windstorm and muck:

LDWFE

Nova and roots:

LDFNE

roots and muck and nova and winstorm:

LDWFNE

Non-slowing:

LDWN

LDFE

LWNE

DWFN

WFNE

Overall:

All 15 4-ele builds have been solved in some way. replays in the project.. While solved, some builds are probably too slow in a competitive multiplayer game. A note is that most builds are far from optimised, not the 'best' build. i overbuilt in most of the games when i could have built less towers in the midgame and had extra gold for some problematic waves and the endgame.

5-ele builds should be solvable. ( is it necessary for me to play all 6? )

6-ele build should be solvable although periodic no longer guarantees a completed game.

Support triples are weaker and are more or less supporters and not secondary damage towers. Tier3 duals are main damage. Tier3 support duals are strong boost to 4-ele builds.

Armour reduction builds appear stronger. Too much physical damage for corrosion and maybe enchantment contributes to this imbalance.

Non-slowing builds can be easier than some slowing builds.

The boost of slow to single-target towers need to be determined. It seems that slow is not much a boost to single-target towers. This may necessitate higher damage overall for all single-target towers. Single target loses only against undead, gaining over splash against mechanical, healing and fast.

b21 balance test

The test set:

EFD -

EFDW - http://www.eletd.com/forum/download/file.php?id=584

EFDWL -

(EFDWN)L- http://www.eletd.com/forum/download/file.php?id=621

Balancing set:

LDEF - http://www.eletd.com/forum/download/file.php?id=631

Essentially, pick a few builds for comparasion. hopefully the basics are covered.

eletd_beta_279_EFD_61_5lives.w3g

a bit less 3ele and a add some 5ele build and it'd be cool :) perhaps WWWNNNLLFFE or something to get double slow in there too..

but slow isn't balanced atm, which can't be solved through testing, ones that your brought up are more important =)

what more can I say.. gl hf ;)

Where do I get the beta 22?

At the risk of sounding like the only other idiot who doesn't know where to go, I've got the same problem. The B21 version is the only one in the /beta/ folder. The thread Karawasa made called, "today", which sounds like it should be linked to the map, just takes you to a youtube video. Too bad, I would love to watch that replay!

The 22 beta is a closed beta avaliable only to the beta leaders.

Well maybe it were only forgotten to upload a test for all the beta testers. :?

Sign in to follow this