EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
DBX_5

minimum Tower range increase

One of my biggest pet peeves with this game is tower ranges I find a lot of them really odd and disproportionate of what they probably should be given their actual damage output. Here I am primarily talking about of base fire tower and its horrible range.

This towers range is only 550, I am honestly curious as to why its gotten the short straw out of all the towers and been given the worst range in the game with the exception of a disease tower which makes sense.

I would really like to see this towers range brought up to at least 700 as this would make it more reasonable positioning wise for the damage output it does especially for Level 1 base (114~DPS?).

Honestly, that's just an old design thing we've had in place since the original version and never bothered thinking about changing. I noticed, in testing the most recent patch, at least, trying to balance the 550 Range towers were really a pain, cause they need to be high enough damage to justify their range, but if they're too high, they just completely steamroll the waves. We actually flipped the ranges on Disease and Moss towers, cause Disease was really unwieldy, and Moss's job was to weaken, so at 550 Range, it made sense.

Other than Fire Tower, what other tower ranges do you find are "really odd"? I know Quake is also intentionally low, though it probably shouldn't go any higher than 550 given its capabilities.

Sign in to follow this