EleTD.com
Kpop fangay

All elements leaderboard/mode

As the title states, would it be possible to implement a different mode that also is scored which is an 'all elements' leaderboard? To make sure there is still some sort of thought process you have to kill a boss at every milestone level to get the next level of elements which would be at levels 10, 30 and 50. I feel like it might just be more of a fun mode suggestion with average competitive undertones to it as tower choices aren't limited by the game but by how well the player plans out their build.

If this suggestion would increase the file size of the map too much then don't mind me.

Things to consider:

• Start with a choice of 2 (possibly 3) elements similarly to express mode

• As stated, you will kill a composite armour boss at levels 10, 30 and 50 in order to get your elements. The first boss will give you the other 3 or 4 elements you didn't choose at the start of the game, second and third boss will give you +1 all elements.

• Waves are increased to... 40 creeps with 10% more health than their vanilla game mode counter parts? This would just make it somewhat challenging to pass the game while also giving you access to all slows, buffs and amplifications with the extra gold provided. I'm not too good with scaling numbers when it comes to gold x damage x health where you keep it challenging but not impossible.

• Mixed waves? 20 fire and 20 earth creeps or 10 light, 10 dark, 10 water and 10 nature or something would also be possible with the access to all elements while also making sure that basic builds don't get abused.

• With more gold comes more towers! At level 45 and 50 you get 2 pure essence at both these milestones, this will allow you to somewhat man handle the stronger and more densely packed creeps at later levels.

I'm aware the game isn't balanced around how well you can abuse 3x buff towers with 4x amp/slow towers but I'm sure this would be the most volatile leaderboard when tower changes come around which is always something interesting to see.

Everything would be so broken. 

Example just the buffs: Tower *1.9 damage *1.9 speed =>360% damage *2(cause of 100% uptime copy).  =>720% damage for every tower.

I think in a mode like this limiting the money is better then giving even more money.

16 minutes ago, Utoko said:

Everything would be so broken. 

Example just the buffs: Tower *1.9 damage *1.9 speed =>360% damage *2(cause of 100% uptime copy).  =>720% damage for every tower.

I think in a mode like this limiting the money is better then giving even more money.

Keep in mind that I did mention that the creeps will be marginally stronger than normal while having a higher count. Considering that you also have to be able to afford all the buffs with your normal build which probably isn't possible if you go for an income heavy build. In any situation you're still starting with the exact same amount of gold, and their bounties are kept the same while you get 33% extra gold at the expense of dealing with 33% more creeps which are 10% stronger.

Hell if it really is broken then you can increase the health by 30% with the 10 extra creeps. You won't be able to have access to extreme income builds as gold towers are simply way too weak and slow to help with the mass slaughter so you'll end up with roughly the same amount of gold as an income build at level 55 if the health values are set high enough.

Edited by Kpop fangay

As fun as that'd theoretically be, it'd still horribly broken. There's a reason you can't get two of the Level 3 Dual Support Towers in the game, and it's due to just how insane the damage output gets. Try this in Sandbox - go straight to Wave 55 on Insane with 2 periodic towers, a Level 3 Well, a Level 3 Blacksmith, and a Level 3 Trickery tower. It doesn't require much gold at all, and it absolutely decimates everything. Not to mention being able to stack all the Level 2 Triple Supports. So in total, all you'd need is (8 * 4500) + (3 * 3000) + (2 * 11000) = 67,000 gold, and given Insane difficulty normally gives what, over 100k by itself... even with reduced gold amounts, you'd still be able to do really stupid amounts of things.

Now, mixed waves like you mentioned, aka old WC3 Chaos Mode, I would totally be up for seeing how that'd play out.