EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
BlankMinded

Net Worth Calculation

Unless this is deliberate, towers placed have a value of 75% of their gold cost (the old resale value). 11 000 Gold in bank, 11k net worth. Buy a periodic tower (but not place it/under construction) --> 0 net worth. Place the tower, 8250 net worth. Sell the tower for 90% of its value, 9900 Net worth.

Some builds I've toyed with have a large number of towers. Accurate Net worth can be used to measure how many additional towers Gold(Wealth) towers/interest/Mango Trade can earn you, compared to other builds.

Mostly useful for frog hunting since you aren't limitted to a small canvas compared to rush mode entrance camping. I suppose the end result can help speak to it, but since the number is calculated somehow, it would be nice if it were accurate.

Net worth is still being calculated slightly incorrectly. Towers placed are valued at their resell value, not the value required to build them. This means that net worth is only 90% of total gold earned, which reduces the NetWorthBonus in patch 1.0. This is particularly an issue when in random mode. A player could sell all (or nearly all) towers just before the final creep dies on wave 55, netting them a higher net worth bonus than non-random players.

Edited by BlankMinded

Net worth has always been the total of unspent gold and what you would receive if you sold all your towers. 100% sell is one of the advantages of playing -random.

5 hours ago, BlankMinded said:

A player could sell all (or nearly all) towers just before the final creep dies on wave 55, netting them a higher net worth bonus than non-random players.

You don't even need to sell them, you will get the 100% value out of them. It's always been this way, random has those sort of benefits to make up for the lack of pick order.

Another way to look at it is that Random gives an 11% bonus. Not sure if we want that or not but something to note.

I think it is fine to have a small random Bonus. It is nice to see some random games in the leaderboard!

Sign in to follow this