EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
GoldK

Restart without exiting

Is it possible to restart the game without exiting it similar to WC3? Sometimes I am trying to test new ways and timings to place towers and messed up so I have to restart and it's kind of inconvenient to exit and then making another lobby.

While its a bit finicky, you can use Sandbox mode. Set wave to 1, gold to 250. You can set lumber/essence to default as well if you want. Spam stop/clear till things actually stop, then press the " spawn wave " button to start the game. The wave indicator might be mismatched but should adjust eventually.

To enter sandbox mode, just start a game, and click the button/word "Sandbox" at the top near the game time/scoreboard. It doesn't get counted towards the EleTD leaderboard, but you can find the replays to watch if you need them in your dota profile.

Oh, I never thought of that. I guess that's one way to restart the game although the score becomes inaccurate in doing so. Still, a map restart button would very much be appreciated.

The problem is we only send the scores when the match actually ends, we would need to restructure things a bit to enable multiple game sendings in the same gameplay and it's certainly not multiplayer-friendly.

1 hour ago, Noya said:

The problem is we only send the scores when the match actually ends, we would need to restructure things a bit to enable multiple game sendings in the same gameplay and it's certainly not multiplayer-friendly.

What about just implementing a singleplayer restart option only usable before the game ends? Because the main reason I can see for resetting is if you're trying for a certain score or goal, and when you fuck up once you pretty much have to leave and recreate the game which is a hassle. Resetting in multiplayer would probably be pointless since most people leave when they lose.

Reset is doable but hard (because it wasn't planned from the start), but we can keep note of it to add it in the future.

Is it possible to have a button in sandbox mode that does the following:

- kills all towers

- set life to 50

- set gold to starting gold (normal/express)

- reset all element to 0 and give a lumber to the player (normal/express)

- reset score to 0 (optional)

- set spawn level to 1

Basically, a button that resets everything to level 1 stats. I think this would be a nice workaround with the whole quick restart. 

Good idea on the sandbox button, I'll add it first there, get some testing and if it works well enough we can then add it to the main game.

Thank you. Also, a minor addition of resetting the interest timer to 0 and pausing it until you spawn the wave again would be nice.

Sign in to follow this