EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
KevBurnsJr

Blitz tower needs a nerf

At least 28 of the top 30 on the Express leaderboards appear to be exploiting Blitz + Foundry (myself included).

This combo gives each tower 52,250 DPS at max attack speed which is overpowered, especially in rush matches.

Here's my idea... 

Each stack of Blitz which reduces the tower's attack time by 0.05 should also reduce the base damage by 2%

That way Blitz + Foundry still provides 10,450 DPS at min, but scales max DPS down to 35,530.

Yay or Nay?

Weeeell aware of this one. We were actually just gonna drop the max stacks down from 16 to 15, so BAT goes from 0.2 to 0.25; aka 5 attacks per second down to 4 attacks per second, so 20% DPS nerf. Additionally, the countdown timers on the difficulties are being adjusted, so that on Insane + Rush, that tower will no longer be firing at max stacks 24/7.

yea, it's not a fun away to play. it's cheap.  i made #23 with this build on the 3rd try. 

what is your balance philosophy at the moment?
just nerfing whatever is clearly the strongest? 

6 hours ago, Iser said:

yea, it's not a fun away to play. it's cheap.  i made #23 with this build on the 3rd try. 

what is your balance philosophy at the moment?
just nerfing whatever is clearly the strongest? 

If a lot of people are saying a tower in particular is really strong, I don't immediately nerf it; I look into it first, test a good bit, and then make the call on nerfing it. For example, a lot of people find Life Tower OP, but after testing it as it currently is, it's... really not. Yeah, you can go into the Icefrog Wave with 300+ lives, but if you don't kill any more Icefrogs than with other towers or you're not clearing the waves that fast, then it's not OP.

Haste, on the other hand, is silly on the waves. You should not be able to brute force your way through frigin' Water + Swarm waves using Haste spam.

Sign in to follow this