EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Noya

The return of the +Interest rate purchase

I've seen many people request this. I was told it was completely broken at high level so it was better not to add it on release.

Discuss.

I like the idea, but maybe not on single player mode.

Is it possible to add a tournament mode, where you need at least 3 people? You can buy income, but then it's at the risk of falling behind of the other players.

If you play random interest can make it almost an instaloss, or if you are lucky an instant win. If it were to be added, it should be banned from random.

1 hour ago, Twilice said:

If you play random interest can make it almost an instaloss, or if you are lucky an instant win. If it were to be added, it should be banned from random.

agree

I kid you not, with a +0.5% interest upgrade in the WC3 EleTD, you could jump your networth from 100k to 300k. Likewise, as Twilice said, if you don't get that interest as first pick on random, it really is insta-loss.

We discussed earlier the option of making it only available to purchase after a lvl 3 element has been acquired. You guys are remembering the old start-with-3%-and-5%-wave-10 interest, I am not saying bring that back. But perhaps an alternative mid-late to use instead of Pure/Extra element purchasing would be still interesting to have. And obviously just disabled in random mode.

Balancing interest with gold doesn't really seem possible to balance as Kara said. 

With timber, lives or some other resources, it could work but it does seem like the gold tower already fits this niche in a balanced way that encourages ele tds various paths to victory.

why does balance need to be a problem if its a separate mode from the rest of the options, fun is fun isnt it??

you could view it like -wtf mode for DotA

Unfortunately, a lot of people wouldn't really view it as "fun", just horribly stupid. Closest you'll get is a sandbox mode, which ain't the same, but you'll be able to give yourself the equivalent of testing out 300k gold.

Sign in to follow this