EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
0rb3r

More classifications for creeps

Do you think that more creep classifications are needed?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Actually I had an idea about increasing the number of classifications of the creeps (fast, undead, healing, mech,...), which could highly increase the diversity and challenge feel of the game. I also thought about giving the classifications pros and cons.

My basic idea:

• Fast = More movement speed, less armor.

Big/Avatar = More hp and armor, less movement speed.

Small = Has a chance to dodge attacks but less hp.

Heavily armored = More armor but gets extra elemental damage.

Mana-shielded = Has mana and manashield.

Magic Resistent = Resists lightly elemental damage and resists highly some tower skills like slow or poison skills, but gets extra composite damage.

Reincarnating = The unit has mana and revives after 5 secs if it is at full mana on death. Instant kill towers and life towers prevent reincarnation.

Healing = The unit regenerates and heals adjacent creeps on death, less hp.

Undead (the way it is now).

Mechanical (the way it is now).

Feel free to comment and add new possible classifications.

Guest mrchak

It may overly complicate things;

I like these extra abilities to make the spawns harder, its good to have a tough level once in a while so the weaker players lose some lives - its a survivor map after all. So I'm not super hot on making them all have pros and cons. I'm interested to see what other people think

We allready have 7x5 different element/type combos. Is there any map that has more? Afaik this is world record. :)

Guest snafu
It may overly complicate things;

I like these extra abilities to make the spawns harder, its good to have a tough level once in a while so the weaker players lose some lives - its a survivor map after all. So I'm not super hot on making them all have pros and cons. I'm interested to see what other people think

The healing waves are already the "Hard Levels", so I don't think you need a superfluous Hard Wave.

I think adding more classifications is a great idea, but reincarnating mobs seems a bit pointless and rather irritating.

Guest sillyboy_tomato

I like the avatar idea.

But why not also make the avatar wave also Immune lvl? they are immune to slows and stuff so it can really test your tower's Damage output and not only how everyone makes super strong slows and less fire power build ups. But of course i think There should only be 3 levels of these: 20 - 40 - 60. Also there should be less creeps

We are discussing immune waves in the dev team right now.

Some of the dev team (including me) seem to think that immune creeps would be far to strong, but we havn't reached an agreement.

Rest assured that if the dev team says "no immunes, sorry", this decision was made with some very good reasons. Like immunes are impossible to hold for example.

The reason I mentioned pro AND cons is simple. Classified creeps should be not much harder then normal spawns but make the player leak if he concentrates too much in a certain strategy. There should not exist "predefined" hard levels. Your strategy makes the difference. Like "no element is allmighty, no strategy as well"

In ex:

Fast : You should use splash to beat them, bad idea to have all towers at the same place. They have higher minimum speed, so they resist better storm and nova, but they stand no chance against armor reducing skills.

Avatar : A well posted high damage tower row should be best strat against them with slow (nearby oposite to fast strategy).

Small : Easy to beat with splash and slow, resist easily high damage towers or critical strike towers. As it dodges, AoE is generally more effective than single strike.

and so on with other class...

Healing should have less hp imo to compensate.

There should not be any highly inmune creeps anyways, just resistent

Guest Dreamthief

part of the charm of this game is in essence its simplicity, its a game of rock paper scissors essentially. Adding more classes i feel would complicate it unnecessarily.

Guest Sancdar
I like the avatar idea.

But why not also make the avatar wave also Immune lvl? they are immune to slows and stuff so it can really test your tower's Damage output and not only how everyone makes super strong slows and less fire power build ups. But of course i think There should only be 3 levels of these: 20 - 40 - 60. Also there should be less creeps

We are discussing immune waves in the dev team right now.

Some of the dev team (including me) seem to think that immune creeps would be far to strong, but we havn't reached an agreement.

Rest assured that if the dev team says "no immunes, sorry", this decision was made with some very good reasons. Like immunes are impossible to hold for example.

Here's a thought - instead of a fully immune wave, creeps that just have the Avatar ability (or similar way to gain magic resistance/immunity for a duration). Your first pass wouldn't get slows off, but they'd be vulnerable again by the second pass.

Sign in to follow this