EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sancdar

Offensive Towers

Guest Sancdar

I've always wanted a little more interaction between players. How about a tower or two that can cast buffs on another player's creeps? You'd need a way of selecting which player it would target, but I think it's a neat idea.

Guest sillyboy_tomato

I don't like this idea =.= I always want both sides to have "even" creep odds

Guest energig
I don't like this idea =.= I always want both sides to have "even" creep odds

I agree, somebody could get picked on by 2 friends or something, it might be a fun thing to add, but you should definitely be able to turn it off.

I agree, somebody could get picked on by 2 friends or something

Definately, somebody would. Options:

a) Make it an aura creep buffer: Aura would affect too many creeps, just imagine how it would go having 8 players building offensive towers with aura.

B) Uncontrollable Random creep buffer: It would have to affect equally probable all players. But which tower would you choose? dual element? Essence towers come anyways too late. triple element? The time you get them would be ok, but can you find 20 ways to buff other player creeps?

c) Uncontrollable Random tower blocker: It would also have to affect equally probable all players. Slow down other players towers could be a possibility as well as short stop, reduce damage, hurt mana and similar.

Imo: The only way it could be done is to give triple elem. towers an option to transform itself into an offensive tower (like the darkelf ancients do to be able to move), so that the tower at least is not available to defend yourself as some kind of reversible penalty; and combine options b&c, so that offensive towers affect other players towers or creeps.

I really like player interaction, but imagine you play on VH and a VE player starts to build trp.el.towers all on offensive. How would you balance this?

In any case, an absolutely must, would be an option to turn this off at game start.

Guest Sancdar

If targeting a player is not an option, have it automatically go after whoever is in the lead (networth wise). That, or just the next person in line after you, Line Tower Wars style.

B) Uncontrollable Random creep buffer: It would have to affect equally probable all players. But which tower would you choose? dual element? Essence towers come anyways too late. triple element? The time you get them would be ok, but can you find 20 ways to buff other player creeps?

Where are you getting the need for twenty different buffs? I'm thinking ONE tower that has a few offensive autocasts. As for different spells, I can think of:

Haste

Heal

+Armor

Damage shield

Giving a creep an aura with any number of effects (just focus fire your towers on it)

Temporary invisibility

Temporary divine shield

Dispelling disables

Illusion

Reduced Bounty <---not a good idea

If targeting a player is not an option, have it automatically go after whoever is in the lead (networth wise). That, or just the next person in line after you, Line Tower Wars style.

Net worth does not equal beeing in the lead. If I play dwarven style and you go lfwdn, you are in the lead and I have the gold. Same with life. I play picked lfwd, you are on rnd and hit edfn, you "lead" after wave 14.

And allways hitting the next person in line leads to noone wanting to play right of the host anymore. I mean, come on, the usual public player stands no chance under the pressure of a player like you or me.

The most fair version would be that it affected all players, but if each player has one attacking tower, it's pretty much game over, or the effect of one of them would have to be kinda weak.

This whole thing sounds pretty similiar to "starting the next wave early", so it's not exactly a new feature.

Besides, I don't like games with high player interaction. That's exactly the reason why I don't ladder or play DotA.

Sign in to follow this