EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mrchak

Score sent to website

Guest mrchak

Is it possible in JASS to have high scores from a WC3 map sent to a website database? would it not be awesome for your end score (lives left, chosen elements, game settings, name, net worth) to be sent to a website scoreboard? If this could work, it would be super sweet.

Furthermore, if somehow the game could download the top 10 names and use them in the game somewhere... that might be cool.

Is any of this possible? I certainly don't know.

I don't think it's possible. Closest you could get would be a Game Cache or Bot, but I don't have experience with either of those. You could set up a location for people to submit replays, and keep track of those things manually, but that would be alot of work.

Guest Ryukira

Sry for the blasphemy, but dota-allstars forum did solve this in the "replay-way" by simply having replays sent to them, have no clue as of how they got the stats out of em but they must have some sort of program for it (cause i doubt they manually counted the apm of a player.

The thing is though, that system works via players submitting replays. There is no way that War3 can interact outside of the game. Thus, it wouldn't be a nice automated process, it would be manual and most people are too lazy.

I've been working on that problem too. As you might remember, there is a certain clan going on.

Anyone who wants to work on this problems can have my results pm'ed to them.

Guest sillyboy_tomato

well this means there will be a lot of " Ties " ilives left, chosen elements, game settings, name, net worth will be it..

Like how do you actually calculate chosen elements. And how is this possible? maybe a very long coding system then you post it in this very forum??

Guest hyperprimate

Even if you were to send in replays you couldn't get a lot of useful information from them, since only player actions and random seed is stored in the replays. All triggers and actions from computer controlled players (creeps) are calculated by wc3 from the map file when it plays the replay. You can of course get info like player names, game length, apm etc, but stuff like what elements were used and when people leaked would not be possible to track.

Guest Sancdar

EotA's been handling this for years. At the end of the game, a code with all relevant stats is generated. You whisper that code to a bot, which checks it for authenticity, and saves it to a file which can be FTPed to the website. Generating a short code that stores number of players in the game, final lives, leaked ever, element build, difficulty, modes, and net worth is fairly trivial, and you just encrypt it with the name of the player, which the bot gets when you whisper. Of course, with single-player runs it would be possible to use cheats. To prevent that, you just disable the code system whenever any of the relevant cheats is said in chat while there is only one player in the game.

Guest mrchak

Yea, now that's what I'm talking about; that would be super cool.

Guest GkJ-mo

endgame screenshots are easier to review than whole replays

since non-extreme is somewhat easy imo only a ranking on extreme mode (without using lame stuff like money... ofc) would make sense

Sign in to follow this