EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest energig

Flesh Golem Zombies

Guest energig

I think thats what theyre called... :P

anywy, i think these need a buff, sometimes i have tried teching to get 1 of these in the hope i can kill early levels easy and it will get trained up... doesnt happen :(. I dont think they gain 1 level with every kill, it seems to take about 4. Also remove the level cap :D

Actually I saw that these towers are using mana for something. I woudnt wonder if it is the max mana which stops them from getting to lvl 20 (20 corpses eaten) too fast as, they already do +4000 damage at that level of growth.

They get mana for every kill within 750 radius of them that is organic. When their mana is full they "lvl up," so to speak (which is really just increasing their ability by one which adds damage). The mana then resets and it repeats. There is a cap in place. Also, they get more mana from kills as the game goes on (because mana given is based off of creep lvl).

What I would propose to do is to modify their "XP," system in someway. Perhaps make it so they get mana only for their own kills, regardless of radius. Then, it could be all types of critters (or maybe just not undead). Also, if that were to happen they would be given much more base damage. We could of course also tweak the numbers on the XP etc. too.

Guest Sancdar

Noooo, last-hit towers are bad!

Regular Flesh Golems aren't so hot, but their upgrade is still pretty amazing.

If the fgolems would get that skill, 2 comments:

No radius: The tower would lose big part of its strategical gameplay, as for now you have to think twice where to put the tower and give it a dirtpath to move freely to attack, if the tower would get xp on any distance big part of its "uniqueness" would get lost.

On-kill: The problem with on-kill towers is that the encourage to build a more than average amount of them. In this specific case the effect would be opposite, as it would make less sense to build 4 fgoltowers in a dead-end passage if only one of them would get the bounty. So, they would not directly get last-hit towers but I really loved the towers the way they are now, any change would need serious re-balancing.

Guest Sancdar

In this case, you're correct that it wouldn't promote massing, but it would promote a much smaller selection of towers. Any last-hit dependent tower necessarily lessens the effects of other last-hit towers. While the Flesh Golem doesn't comprise of elements that create another last-hit tower, most of the time you'd have a 4th element that would make one. Also, no matter what, they discourage high damage single-target towers, which are already underused. Instead, you'd just get builds of medium-level Earth Towers, Living Fleshes, and a couple of Well Towers. If only there was a way to make something like the Hail Tower useful...

Guest mrchak

Flesh golems were originally last-hit ; only got "XP" for their own kills. This was beta tested, played, and ultimately people decided that it didn't work, so it was changed to the radius of experience.

the reason its organic is - they feed on LIFE energy, or they take the fhesh and patch them into themselves - ya know.... Can't do that with undead or mechanical. It needs to be nearby. And if there are 3 nearby golems, they have to split the xp evenly...

To me, I think flesh golem is a really unique, very fun tower. I'm all for tweaking it, but I don't think it needs to be changed drastically.

When it comes down to it, they have the potential for being the best value of DPS / Cost in the entire game... even at level 6 or 7 its a great value. Plus they're mobile... Plus they get HUGE! how could you not love that? And they talk to you! (Eerrrggg!???! Raaarrrr!!)

Guest Sancdar

Sometimes the size screws up. Any idea why?

Alright, so XP on kill idea is out. How to tweak it then? I'm thinking it needs more base damage, less damage increment (5% damage instead of 10%?). Another additional idea is to make it increase at the same rate regardless of level. That way, they don't suck shit right away and are not IMBA later.

Sign in to follow this