EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sancdar

Mode Selection

Guest Sancdar

Please, please add an option to the Host Choose menu to let the players vote their own choices on that particular option. I hate joining a game to see the host force Very Easy just because he wants Hero Mode on. Plus, I don't think there's currently a way to select Samerandom if the host doesn't set difficulty, and many pub players are just terrible at the game and need the easier modes. And while I recall that you can -random when the host chooses modes, I don't think you can -extreme, which is a problem when you get stuck on Very Easy.

I was actually thinking of just doing away with the host selection system. Who wants to join a game and have a noob host pick VE?

Guest mrchak

Yea Players choose difficulty is fine. It's actually annoying to have the 2 options at the beginning; more than once I accidentally chose "host choose" and then ended up with a bunch of pissed players who were forced onto VH.

Guest Sancdar

I was thinking of suggesting a removal altogether, but at the same time it's nice to have a quick global selection for certain modes rather than voting on like ten different things.

I was actually thinking of just doing away with the host selection system. Who wants to join a game and have a noob host pick VE?

Are we talking about the menu only or the commands as well? :shock:

Many players, given the choice, choose very easy and start spamming creeps. Here is an example of a player that tried to race me:

>> Replaypack for two pass placement (tft 1.21) << (Check out the "771 Eletd (3 vh) gold no leak.w3g")

Many better players started to play "all vh" games, because they are easier than mixed diff games!

The usual meaning of "I am pro" in pre game chat is "I know how to abuse very easy in a way that most players die early. Of course I can't finish the game, not even on very easy, but since all others are dead, I sort of have won." Check the above replay for evidence.

If you want, I can provide you with as many examples of a "very easy racer" as you wish. I will simply check my mixed diff games and post every single replay. It's so common, that I ended up timing my arrow opening to depend on a ve spammer to max interest.

So to all players that can't counter ve spamming, loosing all host selection means basically to play on a lower difficulty just to survive in mixed diff.

The result will ofc not be mixed diff games, but "vh or kick" games. :(

The other extreme, hosts hosting unannounced forced diff games, are a common problem too, but, as far as I can tell, less common. If I join an "eltd join all" or "Element Td" I get a vote most of the time, and many hosts learned to name the games properly. ("Elementd TD Very Easy!")

Sign in to follow this