EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mrchak

Tornado - Flying Unit

Should the tornado be a flying unit?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest mrchak

Does anybody hate it wen the storm tower summons a tornado on the WRONG side of the path? I do. Tornado should be a flying unit!

Guest xSolmyRx

Hmmm... That's tempting, now that you've mentioned it, Kara. :P

I think I'll suspend my vote and wait for other responses. ;)

Guest Sancdar

The current setup encourages smarter placing of the Storm Tower, or makes you build two of them. I'm a fan of things that let you choose between gold and skill. If tornadoes can cross your towers, there should be a penalty...like they damage your towers at the same time. You pull that stuff too often, and you'll blow something up.

Sounds like you guys need to learn how to place a storm. :) The thing is, if you know what you are doing, you never end up with the storm on the wrong side of the ledge.

Storm has such a huge aoe, you can slow two lanes at once, so if both sides are slowed, is there really a wrong side?

And if you place the storm tower on long pass, the other side is only a short move away.

Do you want to know more?

I think that it is out of subjekt to further increase the power of storm towers, they are already too strong. The huge aoe does already big share of the work.

Anyways, if someone's leaking the hell out because the tornado is on the wrong side, in my opinion this means that the tower is too strong as a too crucial part of the defenses depends on it. Its always better to have a plan B in case this happens.

Having the tornado just be a flying unit doesn't make sense. It would try to wander off of the path and up onto the ledges. At the speed it moves, it's unlikely it would make it across a path with enough time to slow anyone, anyway. A better thing might be to make the ledges thicker so that the tower couldn't cast the tornado on the wrong side even if it wanted to because it would be out of range.

Guest Sancdar

Uh...I don't want 700-width ledges. I prefer my towers to be able to attack both sides, thanks. Also, the tornado doesn't wander by itself. As I recall, in the current version it's given a hold position order when it's cast. It would be able to cross a ledge in fine time, because it moves only slightly slower than slowed creeps, who have to travel all the way around while the tornado goes over. I still think it's a bad idea, I just don't agree with a single one of your arguments.

Guest mrchak

What if it was flying, wandering and the player had no control over where it moved?

Guest Sancdar

Then it would be shitty, because it's really powerful so if you got lucky, your build would be amazing, and if you got unlucky, you'd leak tons. Just think back to when it used to automatically move the wrong direction, and if you forgot to reorder it for say...the priests, or the dune worms. No fun.

Also removing control from the player means lowering the skill level of the map.

Guest mrchak

Ok, just tossing ideas around. Clearly the storm towers are close to a lot of people's hearts.

Ok, just reduce the duration of the tornado so that in case its on the wrong side you dont need to wait 10 secs to be recreated on the right side, it would be more case-sensitive. But I still think that the actual stormtowers are way powerful enough.

Guest sillyboy_tomato

yes it should fly. But there should be a 5 seconds free time in between casting times of the tornados

reduce the duration of the tornado so that in case its on the wrong side you dont need to wait 10 secs

No need for that, because with proper placement it never spawns on the wrong side. But on the other hand, it wouldn't make things worse otherwise, so why not. :wink:

I have encountered many of the problems and difficulties the storm tower has, but for each of them, there allready is a sollution. It allready does slow two lanes, if you move it a bit to the side of the lane. It allready can switch lanes, if you place it close to a bend (aka long pass). It allready can affect a huge area, if you manually cast it uppon a ledge.

So imo there is no need to give it new properties, it allready is the most versatile and interesting tower on the map. :)

Bows to mrchak (and to Karawasa for making it stop as a default).

Guest mrchak

Does the storm tower blow you away.

Does it you off your feet.

You spin me right round baby right round....

We should funnel all of our comments here.

Does anybody like playing twister?

Sorry, my sincerest apologies for those puns. I had no choice, the devil made me do it.

Sign in to follow this