EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Draft Scoring

I'd like to know more about the parameters before drafting.

Winner of each 1v1 will be the player with the faster pre-fruit game time. If both replays are within two minutes of each other, fruit points would determine the winner. If both replays are within 30 fruit points of each other, networth would determine the winner.

Why not use the scoring system from the previous tournament? As it is right now, it's just a matter of "which build is the fastest build", which honestly, there are not many builds that are particularly fast. Granted, previous tournament was kinda like that, but at least it held some value to the other factors.

For reference here were the global weights from the last one;

Weights are lives (2), time (1.75), kills (1.33), networth (1); e.g. first place in lives would result in 6 points, second place in time would result in 3.5 points.

Now we are doing 1v1 eliminations so I propose;

We look at the percentage difference between the two submissions for each category. We then place weights on them. So Time = 3x, Points = 2x, Networth = 1.5x. Whoever comes out with more weight wins. Lives...no leaking allowed.

Player 1: Time = 30 Min, Points = 100, Networth = 105,000...Total = 10%*3 + 5%*1.5 = 37.5

Player 2: Time = 33 Min, Points = 120, Networth = 100,000...Total = 20%*2 = 40

Player 2 wins.

10% of what? 5% of what? Could you expand those out a bit just so we can see all the numbers and understand it a bit better? You kinda paraphrased it, and I'm only understand about half of that.

The alternate is the scoring for the old FDS as follows:

Scoring and winning replay

Replay with LOWEST score wins. Final score will the sum of each component below.

Leaks (least to most) : 1,3

Time taken (fastest to slowest) : 1,3

Networth (highest to lowest) : 1,2

Fruit points (most to least) : 1,2

explanation: eg. for leaks, the replay with the fewest leaks will score one point. Replay with most leaks scores 3 points. in case of ties, all will receive the lower score.

Best/most creative build design, picked by draft host, will have 2 points subtracted from the replay's total score. This condition may not be used if there is a clear winner.

I like %'s idea more. The only issue I would raise is that given the low points in play the host's discretion should only be a one point subtraction.

Sign in to follow this