EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Element TD Solo Tournament (With Prizes)

This is a replay based tournament. That means anyone from any realm is welcome to participate. You are competing against other players to have the best submission. Please read the following information carefully before signing up.

Modes

• No Mazing or Heroes
  • Competitive
  • Hard
  • All Pick
  • Normal Order
  • Normal Length

Prizes

• First - 1 QPAD Element TD Mousepad (Mousepad), One account given level 20 automatically.
  • Second - 1 Anvil Element TD T-Shirt (T-Shirt), One account given level 20 automatically.
  • Third - One account given level 20 automatically.

Rules

• Players proceed to play a single-player game with the modes specified.
  • Once satisfied with a replay, attach your replay via forum PM to the tournament host (Karawasa) and the tournament host only.
  • DO NOT POST YOUR REPLAYS ANYWHERE.
  • Players may submit their replay anytime and replace it with another replay until the tournament closes.
  • Any instances of bug abuse, known or unknown beforehand and the use of cheats will result in replay being disqualified.

Scoring

• Only your last replay submission (if more than one) will be scored.
  • Replays will be judged on four different and unequally weighted categories.
  • Points will be awarded for each category for only the first, second, and third best submissions.
  • Number of lives you have after clearing the main game (end of wave 60).
  • The amount of time you take to clear the main game (end of wave 60).
  • The number of fruit points you have at the end.
  • Your networth at the end.
  • Weights are lives (2), time (1.75), kills (1.33), networth (1); e.g. first place in lives would result in 6 points, second place in time would result in 3.5 points.
  • First, second, and third place will be awarded based on point totals.

The tournament ends on 5/31/12. All submissions must be received by 11:59 PM (US Central Time).

Post here if you want to participate. Good Luck!

Sweet, I'm in. A few questions though...

1. Is it just the standard mode, or are maze, team (derp, solo), and hero modes viable as well?
  2. I kill the last creep of each wave around the top-right corner. Is that considered excessive interest abuse or is it valid?
  3. If another version of the game releases, are all previous replays sent invalidated or good to go?

Looking forward to getting that mousepad... though I'll have troubles if maze is involved, lol.

Sweet, I'm in. A few questions though...
  1. Is it just the standard mode, or are maze, team (derp, solo), and hero modes viable as well?
  2. I kill the last creep of each wave around the top-right corner. Is that considered excessive interest abuse or is it valid?
  3. If another version of the game releases, are all previous replays sent invalidated or good to go?

Looking forward to getting that mousepad... though I'll have troubles if maze is involved, lol.

1. Just standard mode.

2. That brings up a good point. Since Lives and Time weigh more than Kills and Networth, there really is no such thing as interest abuse.

3. That also brings up a good point. There is no way to play a particular version. In that case, let's make any version valid.

I updated the main post.

You got three days left. Good luck man!

Sent mine in already, though I miiight attempt another. Depends on how much time I get.

Since there were no gameplay changes, 1.27c should work perfectly fine. I had to make a new replay due to a change in a certain tower that changed things quite a bit for me.

Well, the Light Tower at 1 speed for whatever reason actually helped me, but since it's supposed to be the same DPS, it probably doesn't matter.

Just sent replay. I hope I wasn't too late. I forgot the time T_T I only remembered 05/31.

But anyway it seems we are only two competitors? :(

There may be more; they just might not have posted it anywhere. We'll know by tomorrow whether Karawasa is extending the competition or if a bunch of people sent replays in.

There was a 3rd guy but he hasn't been on since the beginning of the month. Not sure what to do.

3 contestants with guaranteed prizes? I'm thinking not enough people saw the memo about the tournament. I'll stick around in the Element TD channel a little bit over the next week and see if I can get more people in. Having a guaranteed prize seems... eh, I don't like it, despite the fact that I want that mousepad.

SC2 1.5, please oh dear god, fix things.

SC2 1.5, please oh dear god, fix things.

The beta was just released to the public. They added the Open Games List!!!

Hm, my old ETD mousepad is getting worn out. Hehehe.

But I don't know, I haven't played it in a pretty long time. It's somehow not so appealing to me anymore. But I would gladly help in any way possible.

Karawasa has a Element Tower Wars mode in the works that I helped out with earlier today. Fear not, if anything it's a more competitive version of the current TD. Got some kinks to work out, but overall I think it will do a lot better.

We are owning everyone in the beta. Consistently #3 most played and #4 highest rated. Tournament on hold until patch 1.5 goes live.

Good call!

How will the arcade work later on? Do we still need region specific maps?

How will the arcade work later on? Do we still need region specific maps?

The beta is cross-realm. I'm not sure if that will continue when it goes live.

It won't be continuing when it goes live, as far as I know. Regarding its position in rankings, keep in mind that there are a ton of undiscovered maps in the standard game, so when 1.5 does go live, while I don't necessarily expect EleTD to be at the very top, I will still expect it to be the top Tower Defense game. Unless there's a hidden gem somewhere that no one currently knows about...

while I don't necessarily expect EleTD to be at the very top, I will still expect it to be the top Tower Defense game.

It has been proven time and time again that TDs are popular. If we continue being the most played TD then we can expect to be near the top.

True. And the next mode to EleTD should keep the game from falling. Assuming it goes well, I mean the concept is great, we just don't know how it's going to turn out until it's tested, lol.

Sign in to follow this