EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Cisz

Rules about replay and map versions.

Warning: This is a boring and uninteresting post, but it's important. If you ignore this stuff, people will hate you and steal your yoghurt. :P

When posting a replay, please keep in mind that in order for anyone to actually watch it, the following things must be met:

• -Correct map version.
  • -Correct filename and folder.
  • -Correct version of Warcraft.

In detail this means:

-To watch the replay, your viewers have to have a copy of the same version of the map that you used for recording the replay. You can assume that all viewers will have the latest version of the map. If you use a different version, please tell us which version. Please note: The filename can be misleading about the actual version of the map. You can get the latest version here. And the older versions can be found here.

Please note, that there are many fake versions out there, lurking to be played. The only official versions of the map are: 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 4.1, 4.1b, 4.2, 4.2b, 4.2c, 4.2d, 4.2e, 4.3 (on sept 2010). There have been some other beta and rc versions of the map. Those are unfinished test versions which are know to have bugs and ballance issues. Please don't host any beta versions including the 4.0 public beta, or join a game on them. (And yes, many of the betas and rc's are fake versions too. And I won't tell you which.)

-The viewers copy of the map has to have the same filename and location in his tft installation as the map you used to record the replay. If the filename or folder doesn't match, this is usually not the viewers fault, it's your fault. The official name of the 4.0 is "Element TD 4.0.w3x". They belong into the "Maps\Download" folder.

-The version of tft (Warcraft III: The frozen Throne) you used to record the replay with, has to be the same as of the viewer. You can assume that all viewers have patched their game to the latest version. There are ways to watch older replays, but they are painfull. At any rate, if you post a replay on an outdated version of tft, please tell us whitch version of the game it was.

So, you have been warned. -_-

Good question.

RC is for release candidate. The meaning of that is: This version is probably so bad, we don't even call it a version. It's more of a attempt that might by chance end up so functional, that it will later on be renamed to a version, but for now it's only a possible release candidate.

Or in simple words: This shit is broken, don't use it, don't hand it around, don't ever expect anything from it. It's so unreliable we can't even tell if it's broken, and it's not to be released. :)

That is not the full truth.

He youst want you not to host or play the map. Since it were the latest beta version with some bugs and some forgotten suggestions inplented. :P

But many people think RC sounds cool and think it's a new version or a rework of the map. But that is not what it is, it's more of the complete different to it.

Guest CzarDragon

Ok what really sucks is that Element TD isn't hosted much (East, or Europe). If they are hosted, it's always that stupid RC one or the Element TD 3.[1].0.wcx

I'm sick of having to be the host all the time, but it's the only way to be sure I play the right version.

Edited: It is no longer booring, and I see more hosted games (or is it just me that host a game and 7 players join imidatly.) So not many players host it, but it's a popular map.

Since my reboot I cannot host, I will try to fix this as fast as I can.

P.S. Cisz could you make a link to the Public beta 4.0? I know it is on the main site but just so people who are redirected here can easy doawload it :wink:

No. If you could find the guy that did that version, could you ask him what exactly he fixed? Usually those comments are a plain lie. Usually those people go "hey nearly nice, but it has no purple pandas, and wave 20 is to hard, I'll add the panda, and like 2000 start gold, and the map is finally decent"... :(

Hmm, it is written that the creator are MrChak/Karawasa...

Thats why I posted about this "official" 3.01 version

Guest skyoung11

I still can't watch replays! Please Help!

I have "Element TD 3.0.w3x" and "Element TD 4.0 Public Beta.w3x" in this folder...

C:\Program Files\Games\Warcraft III\Maps\Download

I do not know what tft is....maybe that is the problem.....

I also have the most recent patch...

Ohh, and completely off topic, but I liked the gold towers those were cool, does the new version still have those?

-sometimes it may be the replay's fault that it doesn't open...not yours. For example they may have played using a different version of the map, different version of TFT, or maybe they put their map in the wrong folder.

-gold towers are still here in 4.0 PB. However from what I hear they aren't as strong as before...

-gold towers are still here in 4.0 PB. However from what I hear they aren't as strong as before...

Yeah, I'm totally agree with you, it's very weak now and also got earth elemental

Let e correct you on that, you mean: also need fire elemental.

In 3.0 earth and light were needed, now ya need earth, light and fire

besides, it is now a triple, so you can't use it in easy levels and then upgrade into some good triple.

tft = The frozen Throne.

Your folders are correct. Let me guess, when you start a replay, you don't get the error "map is missing", so your map seems not to be missing, but you get the error "this replay is for another version of warcraft", so you need another version of warcraft maybe? :P

Most replays here are 1.21b, so if you have 1.22a and don't use evercraft, you have a problem there.

Sign in to follow this