EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
haupty

Muck towers

Is it just me or do the other slowing towers have much better abilities? Ion and Barb do some good damage, but muck doesn't seem to. It's aoe seems slightly bigger, but I don't know how it is applied, so if there is something else about it that I am just missing, please point that out to me.

Otherwise, maybe we can discuss how to make it a bit more equal to the other two? Better base damage? A slow effect that starts stronger then tapers off as the "mud comes off" resulting in a longer duration? Chance for creeps to get stuck in the mud and not move for a sec?

On the contrary, the Muck tower currently has a bug on it, where it ignore the damage reduction set by difficulty. Unless you're playing on a lower difficulty or something, the muck tower is currently the most powerful, especially on VH (well, until the bug gets fixed).

Muck is a stack type of tower - it hits the guys in the front, and the ones come in behind it catch up and get slowed, and so on, until the units are in stacks. This kind of slowing is preferable for defenses that abuse splash. Ion towers can also cause stacking (depending on how you use it). Barb and Nova hit more targets and it causes a lot less stacking, and thus they work well with any kind of defense.

If you're finding any tower to be weak it's most likely a placement error (ex, a lot of people think money towers suck, they're actually really powerful, you just gotta know the right places) However, this game is not perfectly balanced, and there are still some towers that probably need buffing (cough, flamethrower). In my opinion, muck is perfectly fine, minus the bug that's letting it bypass difficulty damage reduction.

Interesting, the way the slow is applied make a difference on how the creeps move. I always assumed they could pass each other and had small collision sizes for the wide lanes. I thought I could be missing something. Thanks!

I wanted to try muck again after the damage buff and just noticed Muck now applies the slow to all units in an aoe of where it hits, nice! I thought slowing just one unit at a time was kinda weak. When did that change, or do I just have a bad memory?

That's been in place for.... a few years now. All of SC2 and a good amount of WC3 version. I do recall there being a single-target slow tower, but that was a much older version of WC3 EleTD.

Ah, was the tooltip changed recently? I always thought it was always a single target slow only, so I probably just misunderstood or misread it.

Sign in to follow this