EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
WindStrike

Winning without combo towers

There is one thing you can do better with resell than interest. Winning without using combo towers. Yeah, I... actually did it. VH, screwed up a few times, it's supposed to be possible to do it without losing a life. Element order - F1 Resell Resell F2 D1 D2 F3 Pure Pure D3

None of the leaks were intentional, it was simply me playing too risky... especially the double leak on 51. Somehow managed to get 17 fruit kills.

NOTE: It's a VersusAI replay, ran it in offline mode.

I figured I'd go ahead and post this up for the lolz before something replaces resell.

No Combo Towers VH_ 17 Fruits.SC2Replay

There's two ways of doing pure elemental rush. I was just doing this to see if it was possible to win without using combo towers, and it's definitely not viable in a multiplayer game. You'd die trying to kill the level 3 most likely. Maybe not, it might work, I dunno. Though you could always tweak it and grab a bunch of magnify towers to slaughter everything so that getting to a pure tower isn't a problem.

The other way of doing it is to max resell and grab level 1 of every element, spamming a bunch of triple towers until you get grab a pure essence at 45, and then just pwn the rest of the game with periodic towers and all of the level 1 support towers duplicated for each spot of the maze. This will work well, whether it's interest or resell.

Keep in mind that in multiplayer, you wouldn't be able to interest abuse to your heart's content... well, unless you do standard mode, but I hate standard mode, so in competitive, due to not being able to interest abuse, you end up with half as many towers and it's heck trying to kill a Fire 3 with Dark 2 stuff. Tried it on very short mode just to see what it's like... it's still possible to win w/o using combo towers, it's just that much harder. You pretty much had to find a way to keep all of your lives until the last few rounds, because that's when you just won't have enough towers to kill everything.

On the other hand, trying to win using only two elements AND using the single dual tower makes it much easier to pull things off.

Sign in to follow this