EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Element TD 0.82

Changelog:

-Host now counts for ~33% of the vote (1-3 players = 1 vote, 4-5 = 2, 6-7 = 3, 8 = 4)

-Disease Tower (DN) now works with Fire Up (EF) correctly

-Celerity Tower (FNW) now works with Fire Up (EF) correctly

-Poison Tower (DW) reworked to 0.66 speed, 32 damage, and 1.5 AoE per attack (max 9) from 0.31 speed, 16 damage, and 0.6 AoE per attack (max 6)

-Buffed Torrent Tower (LNW) to 12 range (attack and AoE) up from 10

-Changed Quark Tower (EL) button arrangement (damage values now on selection)

-Electricity Tower (FL) buffed to 25 base damage up from 22

-Removed random (useless) buff from Corrosion Tower (DFW2)

-Added "stop" button to Nova Tower (FLN1)

-Removed annoying voice from death for waves 38 (Ghost), 56 (Reaper)

-Disabled "finished voting" for first 10 seconds

-Variable interest rate, VE+E = 1%, N = 1.5%, H+VH = 2%

-Interest upgrade now gives 1.5x interest

-Added range indicator to Particle Field (FLW) unit

-Changed match up message to reflect bank usage

-Implemented bank usage for total games played, most fruit points, and experience points (levels)

-Reorganized the button layout of SCV

-Completely reworked Flooding/Drowning Tower (DNW)

-Added Radius/Diameter Tower (DFL)

First of all, thanks for the update :)

I believe the interest is not working properly.

Please correct me if I got something wrong, but playing on normal mode with 1 interest I should be getting 3% income.

The screenshot below shows that I had 9980(-216) minerals (9764) and received 216 income and 3% of 9764 would be around 292.

post-3939-1312152037_thumb.jpg

There's not much info on how the new Orbit Tower works, not in the game or on the site. Other than that it looks really cool.

Can't wait to try out other new changes!

Please correct me if I got something wrong, but playing on normal mode with 1 interest I should be getting 3% income.

The screenshot below shows that I had 9980(-216) minerals (9764) and received 216 income and 3% of 9764 would be around 292.

It should be 2.25 at Normal with additional interest.

It is 1.5 * 1.5, not 1.5 + 1.5.

It should be 2.25 at Normal with additional interest.

It is 1.5 * 1.5, not 1.5 + 1.5.

Speaking of that, you might wanna change the game's F12 Info about base interest rate being at 2% which can be increased to 3% part.

Another thing!

-ma should only show to the person doing the command, and not to all. Also, since the game is now using saves, it would be nice to inform players that after they've been defeated, their points have been saved.

Anyways, the new save system is really cool, it's just a shame I play two different computers :(

Variable interest ftw. I feel like it just fixed a lot w/ mixed difficulty balance. However, when you get the interest a second time, would it be (VH+H) 3% * 1.5 or just +1%?

I gave Orbit Tower a spin, it's pretty sweet, and visually it's awesome, especially when it zaps things as the orbs pass over the enemies. Great job on it! Still gotta try out the new Drowning Tower.

EDIT: Okay, after playing around with the Drowning Tower... it may be a little overpowered. The damage output is fine; the problem is that it makes unit types (ie, mechanical, healing, fast) pretty much void due to being able to switch between everything. Maybe it's just me, but it feels a little cheap not having to worry about killing healing units and killing undead units.

Variable interest ftw. I feel like it just fixed a lot w/ mixed difficulty balance. However, when you get the interest a second time, would it be (VH+H) 3% * 1.5 or just +1%?

I gave Orbit Tower a spin, it's pretty sweet, and visually it's awesome, especially when it zaps things as the orbs pass over the enemies. Great job on it! Still gotta try out the new Drowning Tower.

EDIT: Okay, after playing around with the Drowning Tower... it may be a little overpowered. The damage output is fine; the problem is that it makes unit types (ie, mechanical, healing, fast) pretty much void due to being able to switch between everything. Maybe it's just me, but it feels a little cheap not having to worry about killing healing units and killing undead units.

So you're saying it's ability is a bit OP? I made a thread about it in GD about how it's basically good against any creep but darkness. It'll be sad to see it nerfed as it's my favorite tower now.

Have you had a chance to further experiment with the Orbit Tower? I find it too weak.

I just love Element TD...

But I am still waiting for the V0.82 to come to the EU servers. Is there any ETA on that?

I would love to get my hand on the radius and diameter tower.

( @ Vyce663, Thank you )

Sorry for the delay, I have been gone for a few days without any computers. But I am home now and I am uploading it now!

I have to actually disagree, I hadn't tried it until yesterday. Playing on hard I find it just about right. It didn't feel underpowerd much (damn those darkness waves), and it didnt feel overpowerd, especially considering I ideally needed 2 of them to complete most waves. I can think of a couple towers that are currently more powerful than this tower. All that said, I do enjoy this version much more than it's previous incantation. OH and the ingame tooltip still has the old description attached.

Poison tower is still terrible, if not even worse than it was before. The slower attack speed really seems to screw it, even though the damage and AoE is overall the same or better mathematically.

It's such a mathematically tempting tower, but somehow it is an absolute epic fail.

Drowning tower seems bugged — it starts at 3/4 energy, but it starts at full pressure. It's also very important that the tower's description describes what the AoE and speed is at each level, which I don't think it does right now.

Drowning tower seems bugged — it starts at 3/4 energy, but it starts at full pressure. It's also very important that the tower's description describes what the AoE and speed is at each level, which I don't think it does right now.

I'll have to agree that it's a bit buggy. You start with 3/4 pressure, but you're unable to depressurize it. Also there are times when it gets bugged. It rarely happens, but sometimes the pressure gets stuck, as in whenever you try to increase the pressure, it won't budge, and there's no option to depressure it. This happens rarely and only when you first build the tower. The way I was able to get around it at the time was when I selected multiple towers and played around with the pressure.

Also doesn't the description of the ability tell you what the attack speed and AOE becomes at each level? I'm pretty sure it does.

Err, that's weird. I'll check it out.

Poison tower is still terrible, if not even worse than it was before. The slower attack speed really seems to screw it, even though the damage and AoE is overall the same or better mathematically.

It's such a mathematically tempting tower, but somehow it is an absolute epic fail.

I find that Poison tower is one of the best towers still. Well + Poison lets you quickly increase the AOE and you finish off the creep with Death tower. With a max cap of 9 AoE instead of 6, its even better than before for Fruits. The problem currently is that Poison tower is super buggy and multiple towers cannot attack the same creep so you'll see one creep get through 75% of your defense before real damage is actually done.

Sign in to follow this