EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
cookiemonstah

0.80 1125 Fruit Points on Normal :)

Enjoy the view ^^

Interest + Interest + Interest + Earth + Fire + Water + Earth + Fire + Water + Earth + Fire

25 Forges (+120% dmg) - 1 Forge per 5-6 blitz towers

2 Pure Earth Towers

113 Blitz towers

(Cuz the total towers You can fit in the map atm is 140)

I can't think of a better build so far :P I heard You nerfed Blitz towers... they're awesome anyway hehe

1125 fruits.SC2Replay

so, You changed interest choices to unlimited in 0.8 and then You call it a bug, brilliant. It's as if microsoft called vista a bug hehe.

I didn't post to join your contests but to show that these op builds are still very possible.

so, You changed interest choices to unlimited in 0.8 and then You call it a bug, brilliant. It's as if microsoft called vista a bug hehe.

Actually, I changed it to 1. But, because of a mistake it ended up unlimited. So yes, it was a bug.

ok then, now with 3% income gameplay strategies are all the same and this td has no point whatsoever. no way to get cash just build element towers and go afk, no micro management needed anymore.

but have it your way bro, good luck

ok then, now with 3% income gameplay strategies are all the same and this td has no point whatsoever. no way to get cash just build element towers and go afk, no micro management needed anymore.

but have it your way bro, good luck

The point was never to see how you can fill the entire map up. If the game is so easy for you perhaps you should try a harder difficulty?

I did what this guy did without using triple interest, just double interest (older version). It's cause Blitz/hate towers are stupidly OP (assuming it hasn't been fixed/nerfed yet)

Overall the mechanic of Blitz isn't that great either, considering that all waves are the same limited length (even fruit, to an extent).

You can essentially just calculate the average DPS it effectively deals each round automatically. The big catch is that unlike many other towers, this tower cannot benefit hardly any more at all from player micro.

When you calculate the average DPS the tower deals, which I'm guessing is about 90% of it's fully-charged DPS (10k DPS for Blitz tower), and combine that with the fact the tower doesn't really benefit at all from micro, you get a tower that DRASTICALLY needs changing — at the minimum a balance change, at the maximum a complete ability revamp to be more strategic.

edit: I see the tower has been nerfed now, just barely enough

Problem is, it's still probably a bit too good, plus doesn't even take any micro to use effectively.

Haste/Blitz is more about placement than micro.

It's about micro equally on levels that you want to complete more efficiently (using less Hastes). On fast and invincible levels, you have to force them to hit leading units on the 2nd pass.

This of course is for Standard mode only, on Race you can overbuild all you want.

ok then, now with 3% income gameplay strategies are all the same and this td has no point whatsoever.

Care to explain how reducing available interest picks homogenizes strategy? Given that the ideal way to play is to take as much interest as possible, as early as possible?

Limiting interest picks opens up element choices for players much earlier in the game and allows more total element picks to be a viable option. I'm pretty sure this will actually lead to *more* strategic diversity.

Personally, I'd be in favor of killing interest picks entirely as the base 2% is still quite compelling and accomplishes the goal of rewarding players for good resource management.

ok then, now with 3% income gameplay strategies are all the same and this td has no point whatsoever.

Care to explain how reducing available interest picks homogenizes strategy? Given that the ideal way to play is to take as much interest as possible, as early as possible?

Limiting interest picks opens up element choices for players much earlier in the game and allows more total element picks to be a viable option. I'm pretty sure this will actually lead to *more* strategic diversity.

Personally, I'd be in favor of killing interest picks entirely as the base 2% is still quite compelling and accomplishes the goal of rewarding players for good resource management.

Version 0.81

Difficulty: Normal

Mode: Standard

Strategy: Celerity with Haste/Well endgame

Build: I WNF WNF WN EE

Result: 771 points (257 kills)

Element Tower Defense 081 N 257kills 771pts.SC2Replay

Granted, I do tons of Grenade tower rebuild and selling, then before wave 25 I build the first Celerity Tower and micro it to be effective, but even after the updates I can save up enough to fill much of the board with whatever tower I want (~400K minerals), despite there being only 1 interest upgrade. To be fair, I don't think there's any other strategy left that can do this, but I'm just saying it's possible still.

Sign in to follow this