EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
BloodyOrange

Area specific lose animation

Instead of towers just simply dissapearing there might be an animation triggered after you lose. And what about if its different on every area? This would make losing much cooler =)

My ideas so far:

Red - Forrest burns down (?)

Blue - Water floods everything

Teal - Nuke lands on the city

Purple - Lava floods evrything

Yellow - Giant hybrid comes in and kills everything (?)

Orange - Zerg drop pods (those flying zergy things) fall everywhere

Green - Giant sand storm

Pink - Giant ultralisk/queen comes and kills everything (?)

( (?) means im not sure if i like it myself and there should be something better)

What do you think?

My original idea for the Red area (forrest burning down) was using the fire wall from the campaign, but insted there might be an invisible unit somewhere with invisible attack doing large AoE fire dammage. That would burn down all the trees! (helion in melee burns trees by attacking next to it =) ). And it wouldnt cause any lagg spikes in my opinion.

I didnt know how would the hybrid kill everything in the Yellow area, but theres that "sucky" animation they do at the end of the mission "utter darness", that might do it =) There is as well the xel naga artefact in this area and its nova could be an alternative (as long as it didnt get into any other areas).

Last problem to solve is the Pink area. Ultralisk doesnt have any good massive aoe animation. There are 2 more zerg solutions: Eighter queen or investor throw a ton of eggs around and spawn infested marines/zerglings (probably causing too much lagg) or Kerrigans storm thingy (doesnt look that good).

Still it doesnt have to be zerg who kills you. If you used the nova solution for the Yellow area, the Hybrid might work here as well.

Thats for the specific animations, but one question remains: Is it actualy a good idea to do all this? I personaly dont see any problem there: none of these are too difficult to implement (rising water - in a lot of maps, animations that are already in the game, or a simple attack) and shouldnt cause any problem to the players still alive (keep in mind that only one of them is going to happen at a time usualy). Still it makes the map more interesting.

Ohh one area would DEFFENETLY have to have banerain... ya know... overlords flying above and dropping banelings on everrrythhingggg!

Ohh one area would DEFFENETLY have to have banerain... ya know... overlords flying above and dropping banelings on everrrythhingggg!

great idea for the pink. everyone loves banelings.

5th area (yellow):

along with hybrids, we have to have tons of black holes

7th area (green):

sandstorm is a great idea. If we're going to have sand, we should have creatures that burrow.

LURKERS anyone?

*sandstorm (semi-transparent) + you faintly see through the sand a bunch of lurkers walking into position everywhere.

*SPIKES -> blood and destruction

*sandstorm subsides

8th area (pink):

I feel the zerg droppods containing banelings would be most epic for the area that is most zergy already

6th area (orange):

since i essentially stole the idea for the 6th area and gave it to the 8th area for maximum zerginess, the 6th area has nothing.

since the terrain is a duplicate of the 1st area, it's kind of hard.

I was thinking that big ion cannon in the campaign with the continual laser beam (draken beam?) could be used. It would sweep the area, and as it passes, it would char the parts that it passed.

We can also use a bunch of yamato cannons, say a fleet of BC.

don't we have beach terrain (we have belshire beach, after all)? or some other unique terrain?

If we have beach, broodlings kind of resemble those creatures that come up on shore.

maybe a bunch of broodlings unburrow and overrun everything.

broodlords are there, too spawning more broodlings.

infestors unburrow after the first wave of broodlings, and NP all your buildings (can be done)

My idea was that the "lore" (or however to call it) of the area is terran defending against waves of zerg, whereas the pink one is sort of a zerg home, which should be killed by something non zergy, but whatever can do the job even if it doesnt fit the "lore" as long as it looks good ^^

I actually really like this.

Different losing animation for each colour, each fitting the settings of that spot.

Seems like a fun; creative cosmetic for Element TD.

I actually really like this.

Different losing animation for each colour, each fitting the settings of that spot.

Seems like a fun; creative cosmetic for Element TD.

the gameplay keeps you coming back for more, the aesthetics wow you and make everything a bit more pleasant. =]

Currently kind of disheartened by the beating we are taking on NA. Focusing on amping up the gameplay first. However, this suggestion would be a nice addition down the line.

Currently kind of disheartened by the beating we are taking on NA. Focusing on amping up the gameplay first. However, this suggestion would be a nice addition down the line.

Beating in NA? Isn't Element TD on the first page?

Beating in NA? Isn't Element TD on the first page?

Depends on your point of view I guess. Yes, we are #10 I believe.

Sign in to follow this