EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Tower Ability Wishlist

Isolation Tower:

• Whereas Vapor and Runic gain more power the more targets there are, this is a single-target tower that actually gets weaker the more targets there are. The more targets within 3 or so range of the target, the less damage it'll do to that target. However, when it's shooting something that really is alone, this should actually be the highest single-target DPS tower in the game, save for pure towers. It should be fantastic at finishing stragglers or, better yet, killing elemental bosses.
  • Its range shouldn't extend past 12, if even.

Spore Tower:

• Shoots out a wide arc of spores that do constant damage over the area it hits. It deals bonus damage if the targets' healths are high, so it acts very good as a weakening tower.
  • While it can shoot a wide arc in any direction, it can only shoot it out in one direction at a time. Ideally, place it in a double-pass stretch, like the left-side of the middle peninsula or anywhere on the right side.
  • This tower would replace Mildew, and act similar in that it's supposed to be a good weakening tower. However, Mildew overlaps pretty badly with Ice. So whereas Ice and Mildew shoot out in a straight line in the direction they're shooting, Spore would hit more of a horizontal line, perpendicular to the direction it's firing, and hit a pretty wide area.

Plague Tower:

• Does decent area of effect damage and has good range (12 or 16). Yes, this replaces Poison.
  • The more corpses there are in that area, the more damage this will do. Poison tower was always a bursty tower before. This banks on that burst, amplfying its damage as more things in the area it's shooting dies. The actual search radius for corpses is much larger than the AoE of the attack, so it doesn't become completely useless after one second, lol.

I am seeking new tower ideas for the DotA 2 version. Towers that are up for redesign are;

Quark (Earth + Light)

Mushroom (Earth + Nature)

Poison (Darkness + Water)

Laser (Darkness + Earth + Light)

Ephemeral (Earth + Nature + Water)

Have some more tower ideas! Many of these were pulled from or inspired by DOTA 2 Heroes. And since we're shifting to DOTA 2 anyways, why not?

Shockwave Tower

• Channels a beam at an enemy, which deals moderate damage over time. Each time that target loses a certain percentage of its health, a shockwave pulses outwards from the target, dealing damage to those around the target. No, the shockwave does not hurt the target that it came from, or else it'd help proc itself.
  • This actually would not be a support tower. Support towers are generally able to affect a good chunk of the wave, if not all of it. This is only able to focus on one target at a time. However, it synergizes very well with other towers that are able to focus fire.

Growth Tower

• A plant-like tower that shoots slow-moving single-target pulses at enemies. As it racks up damage, it grows in size, up to three times.
  • Each level of growth increases its damage, buts lowers its attack speed. However, you can expend a level of growth to return it to its original attack speed while retaining its current damage level for a period of time.
  • For each level you expend, the duration that this lasts increases. Expending all three levels at once should be a little bit longer than expending three levels individually.

Rotting Tower

• A diseased tower that drains its own life to deal damage.
  • When it begins decomposing, it shoots out a toxic cloud that lightly damages whatever is around it. As the tower loses more hp, the toxic cloud grows, both in area of effect and damage. When the tower drops down to 1 hp, it causes a toxic explosion, hitting a large area with high damage.
  • After the toxic explosion occurs, it will take 5 seconds for the tower to fully regrow.
  • If you stop decomposing early, the tower will regrow to its previous state over time, but it will take a minimum of 2.5 seconds.
  • You can manually cause it to begin decomposing early, even if there's no enemies around. This actually makes it a potential finishing tower, by timing its toxic explosion to hit stragglers.

Range Tower

• Why increase attack speed or damage when you can increase range?
  • This would be an alternate support tower, but yeah, nutshell, increases a tower's range. Can have up to 4 towers buffed at once.

Area of Effect Tower

• Same as above, increases an area of effect.
  • FYI, this is a multiplicative effect, so it has no effect on single-target towers.

Rift Tower

• Here's a funny support tower idea, using Chaos Knight's (DOTA 2 Hero) Reality Rift ability.
  • Select two random targets in a medium radius around the tower. Warp both of them to a random distance between their original positions.
  • As this simultaneously recalls a creep backwards and pushes another creep forwards, this actually wouldn't be broken, even if it's spammable. I suppose it would have a slightly higher chance to warp them both closer to the creep in the back, and its upgrade would increase that chance.
  • Now, if we want to drop the support tower idea, remove that chance listed above, and then make each creep take damage based on the distance it traveled as a result of warping.
  • Also, this tower should probably be a slow attack time, cause otherwise..... lotsa warping enemies when you get multiple rift towers.

Bloodthirst Tower

• A tower that deals mediocre single-target damage. However, for each target near the tower that's at half health or less, it increases in damage and attack speed. Who says single-target sucks against Undead?

Illusion Tower

• A single-target tower that shoots bursts of light at its targets. Every time it attacks, it has a chance to summon an illusion on the target, which does less damage than the tower, but it also has a chance, smaller than the tower version, to summon illusions.
  • Each illusion lasts for 5 seconds. The awesome part? These illusions will borrow the tower's behavior. By default, they'll continue hitting the original target that they were summoned off of. They can, however, attack anything, until they disappear.
  • Illusions also borrow the tower's buffs.

Multi-Strike Tower

• Direct pull from Ember Spirit's (DOTA 2 Hero) Sleight of Fist ability. Strikes every target in a small area, with a 0.2 second delay between each strike.
  • Each attack deals 35% cleave damage, meaning while the main target takes full damage, everything behind that target will take 35% of that damage.
  • The cooldown between each strike is 1 second. The more targets clumped up in an area, the longer it's going to maintain its strike spree before having to recharge.

Diabolic Tower

• Direct pull from Leshrac's (DOTA 2 Hero) Diabolic Edict ability. Summons lots of explosions, hitting targets in an area around the tower. If there's only one target, all the explosions will converge on that target, but the explosions will start randomizing to different targets as more appear.

Best slow tower back in wc3 is Glacier Tower i hope you guys will make that its the best one for me also the Tower that spawn alots of Drakes :D

Get this tower (dont remember the name of ithttp://imgur.com/IWO2nJt , miss it so much , You can use the hero IO wisp spirits for it :) 

Other Suggestions:  I want towers that need some type of strategic mind behind it, towers that cant be placed like everywhere for example:

Hook tower: Hit all enemies the hook passes trough in a straight line, notice: can only be casted in 4 directions: up down left right..( you can choose activate within the tower in what direction)
The hook will be casted with a massive dmg straight forward fast but upon return the hook is getting back twice as slow the speed is reduced. (so the tower is kinda slow but if u place it well u can hit alot of units)

would a tower that functions similar to huskars ult be something that is viable if it can only be used once per unit or theres a cool down between each attack for individual units.

Keep the ideas flowing!

On 2/29/2016 at 6:36 PM, DBX_5 said:

would a tower that functions similar to huskars ult be something that is viable if it can only be used once per unit or theres a cool down between each attack for individual units.

What does that do?

On 2/25/2016 at 8:39 PM, Burgarbagarn said:

Get this tower (dont remember the name of ithttp://imgur.com/IWO2nJt , miss it so much , You can use the hero IO wisp spirits for it :) 

You made @WindStrike this guy's day!

Huskar

13 hours ago, Karawasa said:

On 2016-02-29 at 7:36 PM, DBX_5 said:

What does that do?

Huskar's ultimate reduces his own, and enemy unit's, current hp by a % value (as well has jumping huskar to the enemy position). Polar tower (LWE l ; lich) already does something like this.

Edited by BlankMinded

I have an idea, as the 12th element was removed to create more variety in the combinations, it still is not enough i believe. Every top combo in the leaderboard consists of either Light or Darkness, I mean there's no viable combination without one of these, for example like Earth-Fire-Water-Nature, and i think thats just because all slows require Darkness or Light.

So my idea is to add a slow to the effect of the Quake tower, it does make sense really cause it makes tremors,  ofcourse u'll need to reduce its dmg a bit, but i think its doable. Also most of the triple towers can't be build without Darkness or Light, so it shouldn't be overpowered.

Tell me what u think :)

Edited by Archon

Polar tower ability always looks annoying for me -  maybe it's better to replace it with something similar to Warlock's Fatal bonds ability.

1 hour ago, Bercut32 said:

Polar tower ability always looks annoying for me -  maybe it's better to replace it with something similar to Warlock's Fatal bonds ability.

What does that do?

1 hour ago, Bercut32 said:

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Warlock

"Binds several enemy units together, causing 25% of the damage dealt to one of them to be felt by the others."

So idea is that some part of damage dealt to one unit felts by all of them.

This is a good idea, I'll see how to get it implemented somehow. I'd have it replace corrosion tower instead though instead of polar.

Sign in to follow this