EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Twilice

Flesh golem -> Infestation Tower

Deals less damage per damage (to balance out damage and speed bonus) on the same unit.

Making this a micro tower like it was supposed to be.

So you're saying that the longer you attack the same unit, the less damage you deal? In a sense, the opposite of Quark Tower for WC3?

Jupp.

I'm just throwing out some random ideas here. (the creep become "infested" thus taking less damage from infestation)

How about this?

Infestation tower 1.5:

At first it looks like a basic DoT tower, but the more attacks it does on the same unit the stronger the DoT will be (I was thinking a 110% damage increase per each shot?) This DoT could be a set amount of time, and the "levels" could either have different expiration timers or they are all based of the last "hit".

When an infested unit dies it "explodes" spreading infestation to a number of units based to that of the ticks:

1-5 => 2 units

5-10 => 3 units

10-15 => 4 units

Etc, etc.

It will be a bit similar to flamethrowers "ticks".

The uppgraded tower will increase the ticks by 110%^5 ofcourse.

Thoughts?

I like the first idea too myself better. Like a Void ray in melee maps that gains damage (could be its evil twin tower :P) but give the tower high damage output for a few seconds then lessen down to 50% damage delt after 5-8 seconds attacking the tower.... so basicly

Infestation Tower

Deals 1000 first second

Deals 900 second second

Deals 800 third second

Deals 700 fourth second

Deals 600 Fifth second......

So on and so forth it would deal quite a bit more damage then other towers of the same tier but would as said before need to be microed to be full effective.

Just my 2 cents.

I was thinking. Perhaps have it work like a siege tank. While mobile working with the decreasing damage (while being higher initially). Then while in "siege" form it would start with a lower damage but gain damage as it attacks a unit (adventually gaining to be more damage then the initial of the mobile form but also loseing its mobility). As it will only be able to do the optimal damage for one or two seconds due to range on the targeted unit it won't or shouldent always be in "siege" form.

Sign in to follow this