EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
AzureD

How do buffs work with special effect towers?

I am wondering how certain buffs work with towers that do special attacks like Lightning Tower, Solar Tower or any other tower that has 1-1 damage. Will buffing the damage or speed make this tower do more damage? Will negative armor make AoE attacks do more damage?

Also do any of the buffs override each other? I mean can there be a conflict of status effects where one will override the other? For example Nova Tower and Supernova tower? Will a Nova Tower firing make the Super Nova slow get replaced with Nova Tower slow?

well and blacksmith will boost the attack speed/damage of all damage towers and their abilities, including the spell towers.

all support (de)buffs of the same tower type get replaced by the last one casted. so if a nova tower casts after a supernova, the nova overrides the supernova..

Well said holepercent. I would add that all damage in the game is physical, so armor is taken into account for everything. Also, not sure if you were thinking this, but all buffs in the game are unique. So, they do get overridden as mentioned...but this is only possible between different levels of the same tower.

I'm glad this came up though. We (the development team) went through a fair amount of pain to get it to be this way. Long story short, everything had to be coded. In my opinion, it was the only way to make balance even possible. I hope it has paid off :).

Ok thanks. Final question. How do slows stack in this game? Will hitting somebody with 3 10% slows give them 30% slower ms or will be more like the first slow will be 10% and the second 9% of that and the third even less because they do not directly stack? For example in some custom maps hitting somebody with 2 50% slows will not slow them by 100% but more like 75%.

If so then does this mean 3 10% slow towers are inferior to 1 30% slow tower?

For example in some custom maps hitting somebody with 2 50% slows will not slow them by 100% but more like 75%.

If so then does this mean 3 10% slow towers are inferior to 1 30% slow tower?

The reason for that is more likely the minimum speed. For instance, in ETD it is 100. Normal creeps move at 300. So, with 66% slow you would be at the max.

To answer your question, they do stack normally. So, three 10% towers are not inferior to one 30% tower.

Sign in to follow this