EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Twilice

The point of Element TD

This is more of a discussion. Not really a suggestion to begin with.

For all players which are more into it the game ends when you win. But the "win" is different for each player. It seems like most newbies win by killing the most ronalds, for standard you win by beating level 60 at very hard. But I know when we used to gather and play element td toghether (boy, do I miss it :() someone won by "killing" the other players.

That was ofcourse the most fun thing about the game, but it's not the way you play when you join a "standard" game of element td. It's just like any of the other td's. And is problary the thing that keeps me from playing it more. I'm still lurking around here, somehow hoping the "competive" element td -gameplay- will come back.

I wish there was a way to make the different meta-game/gameplay or whatever you call it more distinct from eachother. To somehow show that on very hard the idea isn't to try and get past level 60 it's more or less to get rid of your oponents before you die. But not everyone likes this and like the "classic" way more. For example when you play solo.

But as I said it's more of a discussion, I don't have any particular suggestions because I don't know what will help. But I do know this in my opinion is the only thing that element td lacks.

the thing is the (wc3) player base is also getting smaller.. there are less players now. most of the leads are already gone..

used to run on average 3 -vhsrcmsm games daily a year ago but not anymore, played largely by rushing everyone out of play (playing at VII, switching elemental damage every wave).. hardly anyone got beyond 15 waves. have not played a game since finishing the last replay for series.

There used to be a organised way to play solo competitively where the focus was on playing well instead of rushing opponents. It was about interest abuse and the interesting builds players came up with. It's still running except there are no committed players now..

at least 4.3 has tower wars planned, bringing a new way to play..

more importantly, eletd has to move away from wc3 to other platforms.. perhaps sc2 or browser games..

Sign in to follow this