EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Hydro 3.0

As we talked about on IRC;

Take the current Hydro. Remove the % chance. Make it affect an AoE of creeps, centered on the creep hit. Have an initial instant x damage (3 levels) in that AoE; have an epicenter like effect where more damage closer at center (damage . Then throw all creeps in the air like the current ability. The duration and height in air also follow the aforementioned epicenter effect. The duration in air determines the damage done when landing, but damage is to the creep only not in AoE. The tower's effect would stack, with a z height on the ability to prevent shooting the moon. All distances should be 3 dimensional. Animation for the initial AoE blast, animation for the initial creeps thrown in air, and animation for landing. The ability effect only fires on creeps that are on the ground.

Concept under revision.

Version 3.0:

Each attack unleashes a subterranean projectile that travels toward the position of the creep (not the creep itself, i.e. not homing). The key here is that the projectile will be slow enough so that you have to aim the tower somewhat. When it reaches the position it comes up to ground level and explodes (makes the gushing effect like Hydro does now). It then deals damage to creeps in an AoE with creeps closer to the center taking more damage, i.e. an epicenter effect. No throwing creeps into the air.

Should it have a little above normal dps because of the slow projectile?

Also I like that you might NEED a single target tower mix in order to get this to work.

Sign in to follow this