EleTD.com
holepercent

Element Tower Wars

For the creep block, does it simply block the sender from sending more units at a time or does it block everyone? Things could be quite unfair if multiple people decide to target one guy at once. Though I do find it hilarious that it's possible to kill yourself. Speaking of which, if you kill yourself with your own creeps, where do they go then?

As far as balancing goes, I can't really say until I've played it, so I'll keep those comments till then.

EDIT: Lol, thought page 2 was the only page. But nonetheless, it looks like an amazing idea. I look forward to it.

For the creep block, does it simply block the sender from sending more units at a time or does it block everyone?

Blocks everyone.

Just some additional information. When you send enough creeps to unlock a level, the boss is summoned. Just like normal, you kill him to get the goodies. Also, each creep sent is not worth 1. More expensive creeps will count for more towards next tier etc.. Also see #11,12.

And some changes...to #1,5,6,9.

Proposing that once any player hits the 11th summon, start the countdown for fruit of death, just to make sure the game will end. players can continue to send creeps to each other (while defending against the fruit sent by the game).

Interesting idea. I was thinking tier 3 composite would unlock the fruit boss to send. The fruit would definitely be strong to say the least. I think we can make it such that players will always be able to end the game without intervention from computer.

That would do as well. suppose that fruit, once sent is a never ending wave? some restrictions might be needed on sending fruit to a player who is too far behind.

The idea is to ensure games do end after a reasonable amount of time, rather than players getting more minerals and not being able to win unless everyone leaves.

No, Fruit would be like any other creep. Just leak for 3 lives instead of 1, i.e. Boss type.

A major modification to the system. Instead of a long "blocking" timer we are going to use a two pronged approach. The old method does not allow for alliances really. If a 60 creep wave means no more creeps for 48 seconds, that leaves nothing for the other player to do. Instead, we will have a "short" blocking timer along with a 30 creep cap. Here is how it would work;

You can't send creep to a player if he has more than 30 creeps out. Blocking time is now 40% instead of 80% of creep count. So a wave of 60 creeps blocks for 24 seconds. See #3, 13.

Should also clarify that unlocking of tiers is not cumulative. So tier 1 takes 200 creeps, then tier 2 takes 600. Therefore, tier 2 really takes 800.

Revised #5,6.

I've attached a spreadsheet for the creep stats. It should be fairly straight forward.

Revised #5,6 again.

Edit: Modified attachment. Composite Boss has 50% Damage Reduction but same HP as Non-Composite due to 100k Max HP.

Tower Wars.xls

Prior to playing this myself, I was under the initial impression that as you send creeps, their health and bounty gradually gets higher and higher. Their income and cost wouldn't increase until you unlock tier 2. Tier 2 would give you your standard summon, fast, undead and image; all of them costing the same and granting the same income level. This actually would make it harder for someone ahead to stay ahead.

However, it's instead like a standard tower wars - each creep up, regardless of tier, is stronger than the previous creep. So varying it up with a different type of the creep (image, mechanical, etc) becomes almost pointless because in the end, only the strongest one matters. Therefore, whoever gets ahead is sending the strongest creeps, which grant the highest income; therefore, automatic victory.

Speaking of income, I looked at the incomes of all the enemies - the percentage of income amount compared to the cost should get lower with each one. This would give incentive to send out lower level creeps. Right now, it's staying about 50%, give or take some. Example, within tier 1, the lowest level Light is the Great Interceptor, and the highest level is the Sun Ray. Let's compare their hp, costs and incomes:

Great Interceptor - 25hp, 4 minerals, 2.5 income
  • 2.5 is 62.5% of 4

Sun Ray - 201hp, 29 minerals, 20 income

• 20 is 68.9% of 29

Well, the second you can afford it, might as well grab the Sun Ray. Actually, the Great Interceptor's percentage is too high compared to tier 0, the Interceptor's. The first creep should ALWAYS have the best percentage ratio. Right now, it's 50%. Every creep after that needs to be lower than that, or else you will see people skyrocket the second they hit tier 1.

As for the hp, honestly I can't really give my opinion on that until the game has been balanced some more in terms of income and the like.

I understand that the income system of game a little different from most tower wars games, but if you're going to use similar concepts, the game still needs to follow the same balancing formula that's worked best for all standard income-based tower wars games. It's definitely shaping up to be a great game with each new revision, so here's to hoping for a successful release!

(NOTE: None of this is my backup suggestion. I'll post that one later after some more thought is given to it.)

You may be wrong about the varying abilities (they all have the exact same cost/* ratios), but your analysis of tiers is spot on. Thank you for this valuable feedback. I will adjust the values to prevent the "skyrocketing" effect we saw.