EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Black Gun

blacksmith and well tier 3 are overpowered

this has been discussed before in this thread: https://forums.eletd.com/Blacksmith-and-Wel...wers-t1617.html

i wrote a long answer to this thread, but it got rejected as the original thread is older than 90 days. therefore ill post my answer here. if u like what i write, u could maybe merge the threads. basically, im a bit fed up of always having to go for either one of them in ap mode if i want to maximize my builds. or in other words: the fact that all builds not involving them are inferior significantly reduces the variety in ap games. now, to the original answer i wanted to add to the old discussion about this issue:

"imho blacksmith and well lvl 3 are slightly overpowered. for example lets discuss a build evolving around orbit towers:

DFL lvl 2, then u have the choice of either adding 3 earth and 1 fire or adding 2 nature 2 water.

orbit tower + blacksmith lvl 3. this is a dam of [dps*3].

with the 5 ele build u got orbit, vodoo lvl 2, corrosion lvl 2 and well lvl 2.

corrosion enhances ur damage by a factor of 70/53. (47% dam reduction reduced to 30%.)

well lvl 2 gives a factor of 1.3.

vodoo gives a boost of about 50%, a factor of 1.495 to be more precise.

overall, the damage done is dps*1.3*1.495*70/53 = [dps*2.568].

so blacksmith lvl 3 on its own beats the combined effect of lvl 2 well, corrosion and voodoo.

ofc the 5 ele build is still superior as u also get storm, nova, impulse and tidal towers. but no matter which kind of main dam towers are chosen, it becomes a question of cost efficiency. 6 lvl 3 blacksmiths cost some 18,900 gold; 6 well, 2 corrosion, 2 vodoo, 2 storm and 2 nova towers (tier 2 each) together cost 47,500 gold. and the build with blacksmith instead of WN also means that u get gold 2 towers which cover the elemental weakness of the orbit towers with their earth dam.

so, when considering the cost of the support towers in the 5 ele example which is weakening the amout of dam towers, a "primitive" build of blacksmith lvl 3 + orbit and/or gold towers plus maybe some fire towers is competitive with a much more sophisticated build which uses a suitable combination of orbit, impulse and tidal as damage and well lvl 2, voodoo, corrosion, storm and nova as support. sounds kinda imbalanced to me.

maybe there are better (or more simple and common) examples and ofc u dont necessarily need 2 of each tier 2 triple support until very late in the game... but the combination of "brute force" and cost efficiency that the tier 3 well and blacksmith provide seems slightly overpowered to me. 175% would easily be enough imho.

i wouldnt consider the tier 3 trickery to be on the same lvl btw. tower positioning is absolutely crucial in this game and the suitable areas for each tower are rather limited. casting copies of ur towers therefore necessarily will take place on worse locations. and the additional copies also mean more space to cover with slow and/or support, reducing the cost efficiency implicitly. so although these towers somehow are meant as a conceptual triplet, only the well and blacksmith are overpowered at lvl 3. "

any thoughts or feedback are welcome ;)

Duals supports will be nerfed with the new version,, its already nerfed in the lastest beta, so just wait till 4.2 release.

Sign in to follow this