EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Super Weapons

In my opinion this mode could be a great one. I say could because the current abilities seem to be lacking. This thread is about brainstorming new abilities to replace the ones that are lackluster. Let your imagination run wild, this is Super Weapons after all. Below you will find a list of the current abilities. We can certainly keep the ones that work, make that clear in your post if you think some should be salvaged.

• Summons an armorer that shields nearby enemy creeps. Grants 9 additional armor.
  • Forces the sale of target tower. Owner will be refunded fully.
  • Summons an inciter that frenzies nearby enemy creeps. Grants 20% increased movement speed.
  • Heals creeps for 33% of their maximum HP.
  • Gives you +1 life.
  • Resets the cooldown on all of your Spell Bringer spells.
  • Returns a creep to the start zone, resetting its status in the process.
  • Puts a target builder to sleep for 5 seconds.
  • Steals 4% of current gold from the owner of target builder.
  • Teleports a creep to the leak zone.

Here are some ideas I had;

• Sleep is good, keep it.
  • Gold theft is good, keep it.
  • Refresh is good, keep it.
  • Change the heal from AoE to wave (chain).
  • Combine armor/speed bonus into one AoE ability (i.e. one time cast not a 30 second duration).

Not sure about what to add yet...I'll update later with some ideas.

Despite that I find superweapons to be an inherently unattractive mode, I still have some ideas.

My ideas?

It's called super weapons mode.

Not regular weapons mode, not mediocre weapons mode, not lame weapons mode, none of that.

Super weapons.

Summons an armorer that shields nearby enemy creeps. Grants 9 additional armor.

New and improved: Grants invicibility to target player's creeps for 5 seconds.

Summons an inciter that frenzies nearby enemy creeps. Grants 20% increased movement speed.

New and improved: Grants 100% increased movement speed to target player's creeps for 5 seconds.

Other ideas:

Debt interest: Reduces target player's interest rate by 10% for 30 seconds. Build build build!

Elemental reversal: Reverses element weaknesses for all players (or maybe just target player) for 15 seconds. (Darkness > Light > Earth > ...) Obviously has offensive and defensive uses.

Summon Boss: Summons a boss unit in target player's lane. Boss strength to scale with the current level. Boss takes 5 lives when leaked.

Summon Super Boss: (My weirdest idea yet) Every player will be given 10 seconds notice to prevent the super boss from spawning in his/her own lane. A button will be made for this sole purpose on the elemental summoning center, and a flashing conspicuous buff will be placed over the summoning center. A simple click of the button will be all it takes to prevent the super boss from spawning, but once spawned, attempts to use the Super-Boss-Be-Gone will be futile! (Don't die!)

super weapons are creeps or towers

They are abilities on a Spell Bringer (think Enfo's) in Super Weapons mode.

Firing a bomb stunning everything in a small AoE.

Summon Goblin/or whatever this "goblin" goes around in the enemy base attacking towers scaling to level, if a tower is killed it is sold by 100% the "goblin" is permanent until killed by defending towers.

"ultimate" summons all elemtals at your opponent which he has already killed. Also interest should be some kind of enemy :P

Illusionist creates nearby illusions of creeps taking 200% damage. Cooldown 1.5 seconds. Lasts for 30 seconds or until killed. Has the same hp as a creep*3-5

I guess you're not gonna believe I'm saying this but the only spell I dislike here is Force sell, because it guarantees a leak if you know which tower to sell.

This mode is getting replaced with Tower Wars. It may come back in the future with better abilities (like what echinodermata was suggesting). Or it may not.

I also think any future incarnation would have to involve your builder being the spell caster instead of having the spell bringer. Simply put, there could be 6 items in inventory that function like a spell book ;).

Revived in light of the new change in 4.3 Beta 1 in which Builders get "Weapons" by default.

New and improved: Grants invicibility to target player's creeps for 5 seconds.

Implemented. Nice idea!

New and improved: Grants 100% increased movement speed to target player's creeps for 5 seconds.

Ditto!

Sign in to follow this