EleTD.com
DDRKirby(ISQ)

temporary leave of absence

eletd community leaders:

I will be taking a short break from many internet activities for the next week or so. My RSI (wrist pain) has really been seriously acting up recently and I honestly need to crack down hard on it now or I might risk long term affects (never being able to play "kirby style" again!). i think the best way for me to do this is to seriously just limit my computer use to the bare minimum. yes, i do have workrave installed, but i need to do more than that.

I plan to be back at the beginning of the month, especially if this goes well. just wanted to let you know before i disappear for a short while.

--DDRKirby(ISQ)

A friend of mine is suffering from this too, so I have a basic understanding of your situation. I hope you'll be fine soon, all the best wishes.

hope you get better soon

hm, btw, i was gone a week too, skiing. thus who weren't in the irc weren't informed of that though, sorry for that.

well.. :( but take your time.. may the elements go with you..

a trickery tower to clone a good hand.

a well tower to speed up the process.

a blacksmith tower to improve the strength.

Welcome back. Hope the hand is better (or will be soon). Looking forward to seeing you around more.

Welcome back. Hope the hand is better (or will be soon). Looking forward to seeing you around more.

sorry, it will definitely take awhile

i dont think it's in danger of getting WORSE now, which is good.

i'm doing physical therapy but srsly the only way to get well is through time, time ,time and lots of self-discipline. it's hard!

as i feel more confident about recovery i may reintroduce some things to my life, such as internet forums and other not quite so demanding tasks. but i can guarantee you will not see me playing any TD, starcraft, etc for a looong time. (otherwise, someone shoot me as i should not be doing it)

i took multiple rest breaks while writing this msg ;)

it seems my temporary leave is no longer temporary... for several months i have not played or wanted to play eletd. no longer interested in being in development any longer either i think... NZ owns btw, having a great time here and the ppl are really nice.

it seems my temporary leave is no longer temporary... for several months i have not played or wanted to play eletd. no longer interested in being in development any longer either i think... NZ owns btw, having a great time here and the ppl are really nice.

Thank you for stopping by the IRC and catching up with me. I wish you the best in NZ and beyond. It was a great pleasure having you on the team.